Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

CBD Daughter has Seizures. CBD oil?

Discussion in 'CBD Oil' started by Hope4Emma0820, Jan 21, 2021.

1. #1 Hope4Emma0820, Jan 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    I am completely new to all of this so bear with me,
    as I will try to be as clear and concise as possible.
    My daughter was excited to start at school.
    but then 9/29/2020 about 11:30 AM I discovered her
    WHITE as a sheet in her bed, eyes wide open but
    unresponsive. (* she was in her post-ictal stage of
    the seizure*) I called 911 and she was taken to our
    local hospital and then she was monitored and then
    given a CAT scan/ MRI - Things seemed fine after
    that . (* little did i know)
    But I never actually had witnessed at that point if she
    actually HAD a seizure or not. just extremely suspected of one....
    Well October comes....
    then the few days after that she was seemingly fine (* no tics*)
    then October 4th 2020 rolls around and she had a FULL on Grand-Mal
    Oct-6- 2020 we get to go home from the hospital.
    she was put on Lamictal. (Lamotrigine) (* so far its working but with horrific side effects*)

so all in all
    I hate "big pharma" & what they stand for.
    They don't need healthy people
    they profit off sick people.
    I get it.

I am curious as to how I can help her with her CONSTANT
    ticking (* side-effect from Lamotrigine*)
    and heavy Tics and blanking out etc.
    It kills me that I feel SO heartwrenchingly HELPLESS.....

SO here I am reaching out for some help for my 12 year old
    girlie. Please and thank you.

Go easy on me I am very new to this and not super Computer literate
    and I am re learning how forums and chat rooms work.
    Thank you so much for any help.
    Namaste

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Hi hon, I'm Granny, one of the local "know-it-all"s. (I really do read more medical studies than most doctors). By all means, try the CBD! IT WORKS! :yay:

Way back in 1980, this study came out-

Chronic administration of cannabidiol to healthy volunteers and epileptic patients Chronic administration of cannabidiol to healthy volunteers and epileptic patients - PubMed where "4 of the 8 CBD subjects remained almost free of convulsive crises throughout the experiment and 3 other patients demonstrated partial improvement in their clinical condition."

So CBD has a good chance of helping her, but it's not always 100%. Unfortunately, there is a LOT of fraud in the unregulated CBD business. If you live in a legal state, buy at a dispensary.

Study: Nearly 70% of online CBD marijuana extracts are mislabeled (news – 2017)
    Study: Nearly 70% of online CBD marijuana extracts are mislabeled

Since you are dealing with a child you may want to consider making your own glycerin tinctures. (Be sure to get "food grade" glycerin.) They taste sweet and don't burn the mouth like alcohol tinctures. If you start with a high CBD strain of cannabis, you can get good results doing a DIY. It takes a while to make a glycerin tincture, unfortunately.

Cannabis Meet Glycerin
    https://cvdvt.org/cannabis-meet-glycerin

Some folks who don't respond to CBD may have have better luck with THCA, which like CBD, has the advantage of having no "high". If you use the "cold method" of making a tincture with plain old high THC cannabis, you end up with a mostly THCA tincture. Most of the THC in unheated cannabis is "tied up" as THCA.

But even plain old THC can have good results-

On the application of cannabis in paediatrics and epileptology.
    (abst - 2003) On the application of cannabis in paediatrics and epileptology - PubMed

"On the application of cannabis in paediatrics and epileptology" (PubMed - 2003) from the abstract- "THC effected reduced spasticity, improved dystonia, increased initiative (with low dose), increased interest in the surroundings, and anticonvulsive action."

Since the plant cannabinoids have been shown to be useful in the tics of Tourettes, they are likely to help with her tics, too.

I used to work with disabled kids, so I fully understand your feelings of helplessness. Hang in there!

(((HUGS)))

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 5
  3. Also as Storm usually mentions - Omega three supplementation is a must ... most people lack the correct essential fatty acids we need continuously in our diet ... this leads to endocannabinoid deficiencies which can result in misfiring signaling events ...
    a few reports on that - Nutritional Omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid mediated neuronal functions https://themodern.farm/studies/Omega-3 Deficiancy Abolish Endocannabinoid Function.pdf
    anti inflammatory W-3 endocannabinoid epoxides https://www.pnas.org/content/pnas/114/30/E6034.full.pdf

Also, whole peppercorns could be helpful as a quick fix to help calm the endocannabinoid system ... they are how but that is the actual medicine ( beta caryophyllene) ... just chew on one or two when needed ...

and another Mist type cannabis vaporizers used for seizure treatment at DuckDuckGo thing in relation - Mist type cannabis vaporizers used for seizure treatment

many kids stuck with CBD only allowed via their State have used emergency vaporizing to treat on the spot seizures and this is generally THC used for that in a small amount

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2