Dating a stoner or non-stoner?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by OldTokerChick, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Is your partner/lover a stoner or non-stoner? If you date a stoner, what do you like about your relationship? Dating a non-stoner? Is your partner against smoking MJ, accepts your smoking habits or gives you shit about it?

I'll go first. I am married to a non-stoner and he is against smoking MJ since it is illegal in our state. We've tried smoking together twice but he is not able to relax and enjoy the full benefits of MJ and also claims that he likes to be in control of himself at all times. I am the more adventurous in our marriage but I wish we could toke up together, I admit. Most times I smoke alone or smoke with my girlfriends on weekends. I'd like to know how MJ affects your present or previous relationships.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. My ex was fine with cannabis(though she hasn't smoked yet and wanted to smoke together) and the current one is so eager to try it and even get pissed off when I go to friends and smoke there. We also sort of agreed to have a cannabis-compatible(both in growing and smoking) lifestyle. And damn, I dunno how to explain to non-smoking people who have problems with each other how this herb can really benefit their relationship and love making affairs and stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sounds like a match made in heaven. You lucky son of a gun. I wish my husband did smoke. He doesn't know that those stressful days at work could be lifted when he gets home. Only in my dreams.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Yeah, I should really consider myself as one of "them lucky dudes" lol
    Well, depends on his sign(lol yeah, Zodiac and stuff) he may have different way of accepting things and who knows, maybe one day he'll come home stoned and say "damn! you was right about this shit!" with a zip of some quality herb :D
    (Personally I'm one of those who almost always guard and reject everything at first and after a while, when the gut says "do it" I just give up and try and not wondering if there's someone out there just like me who rejected it for almost 11 years!)

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 maxn-n relaxn, Dec 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2016
    lesson learned ✌️

• Like Like x 2
  6. #6 killset, Dec 24, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    If your husband doesn't want to smoke then as a loving wife you should support his decision. You did know before you married him he didn't like smoking right? If so you have zero room to complain about it. You willingly made that decision. Should of thought of that before marriage and there wouldn't be any "pain" to feel.

Maybe next time around he opt for not marrying a stoner. I like how you are already planning for next time around. Not a very committed relationship.

• Like Like x 2
  7. My wife doesn't smoke, she is okay with my habit and growing but hates the money and time that has always gone into cannabis. She wishes I would drop it all and live my life cleanly like her. Unfortunately for her that's never gonna happen...it's really kind of sad always getting high by myself though.

• Like Like x 2
  8. I've been with my wife well over 30 years and married for 25. We've only smoked herb together a few times here and there over the years but it's simply not her thing. I've also been growing herb the entire time. She never gives me shit about it and even helps me trim when I ask.

J

• Like Like x 6
  9. #9 maxn-n relaxn, Dec 24, 2016
    Lesson learned ✌️

10. You seem very negative, what's up with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  11. I'm married and my wife has tried smoking with me a few times but doesn't like it. She's been nothing but supportive about me smoking and growing.

• Like Like x 3
  12. My husband and I used to smoke together, every day. Then one day, he just up and quits. He doesn't care whether I smoke or not, but he wishes it wasn't so expensive.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Start a very small personal grow!!

J

• Like Like x 2
  14. While yes (as a forever smoker/grower whatever) it would be cool to have someone to smoke with I'm not sure I'd put it in a "list of requirements " - but instead change it to "someone that's open to me living my life how it makes me happy" instead. They might be a stoner - or not.

My wife and I have an unwritten "rule" as part of the basis and success of our marriage and it is this -

"Anyone can do anything they want to do providing it doesn't negatively affect the relationship and/or family unit as a whole".

The word "LET" is not in our vocabulary - we don't "let" each other do anything; that word doesn't exist.

J

15. #15 maxn-n relaxn, Dec 24, 2016
    ✌️

16. #16 maxn-n relaxn, Dec 24, 2016
    I'm out of here guys ✌️

• Like Like x 2
  17. That's not negative. Just an honest question based on the statement the op presented. I mean this is something the op should of taken into consideration before making a life long commitment. Though they're already thinking of the next.

You seem very defensive about a statement that doesn't pertain to you , what's up with that.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I've got to agree with his comment though. She's not out of the relationship, has no interest in keeping the relationship going, and is already fantasizing her next marriage... Definitely doesn't sound committed at all, granted the proper opportunity she will cheat. A few months down the road, we're going to be reading that one. She's emotionally removed herself from the relationship and that's all killset is saying here, at least I think.

19. Nothing really up with it, just an observation I made on an open forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. My husband and I usually smoke together but I am not doing that for a while until I have my baby.

• Like Like x 3