Darkstars Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Gro_Darkstar, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Setup:
    Indoor Tent (virtual sun 2x4 & vivosun 5x5)
    Nanotech sunblaster propagation hood&t5 17w
    2x Mars Hydro 300 for veg
    Growers Choice cmh315 for flower
    4&6" inline fans w/ scrubbers
    Promix HP+ Perlite 80/20%
    General Hydroponics Flora series nutes
    Mammoth P

Seeds from Supreme Seed
    Bubblegum auto
    Girl Scout Cookies auto
    Blackberry OG photo

• Like Like x 3
  2. Subbed up feel free to check out my thread "hillbillys medical adventure "

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. image.jpg

So this is my first real grow. I finally have a full setup to go after this. Last run was while I was buying everything. Just making it work.

I germinated 3 seeds yesterday. Paper towel method. Used RO water and a splash of 3% hydrogen peroxide. Placed them between 2 paper towels moist but not soaked, into plastic bags fully open and into the nano with the heat mat on. No lights till they're in the promix. Temps were 81-85°.

24 hours later all 3 had cracked. 1/4-1/2 inch taproots on all.
    Mixed up the promix and perlite 80/20 and placed the seeds root down into the mix using gloves to keep bacteria away. Also added a dusting of great white micorrhizae for their rizosphere development.

As you can see they're back in the nano lights on and heating mat on. 81° 90% humidity. I'll be spraying them down with RO every 8-12 hours.

Other than that it's just sit and wait. Should be a fun ride.
    Sub up if you haven't!

• Like Like x 4
  4. IMG_4405.JPG Three sproutlets. Nothing but ro water so far. The blackberry was up yesterday, and the other two this morning. So far so good. Well ahead of last time.

5. Looks like a great start! I will be checking in to see how this goes. I want to get my hand on some Girl Scout Cookie seeds for my next grow, so will be interesting to see how yours grows :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Day 5 veg
    IMG_4411.JPG IMG_4413.JPG IMG_4414.JPG IMG_4415.JPG
    Started some very light nutes today. Rapidstart and flora bloom. 160ppm.
    We are off the 24/0 cycle and into 18/6. I also swapped out the t5 for a marshydro 300. It's set 12" above the dome, but I'll keep the dome on for a few more days. Humidity is an issue for me especially in veg.
    But just on cruise control for now.

7. IMG_4459.JPG Day 5 above ground. Not much to report. Looks like I was too rough with the gsc. Got a lil funky leaves but growing awesome. Added in a lil nutes. Just rapid start and flora blend. 180ppm. Gonna start 1/2 strength full nutes in 3 days. That'll be day 8 for the mathematically impaired. Lol

8. WAY TOO early for any nutes..Plenty of food left in the starter leaves and in the soil...Would hold off on nutes for a few weeks yet!
    JMHO..

• Like Like x 2
  9. Yeah I always thought so as well. But I have seen a few that I follow use nutes from day 1. And I started thinking about my first grow in ffof. That gives nutes day 1 plus I was using tap water at the time that was 750+ ppm. And I had no ill effects. I am only running 180ppm which is better than most people's tap. So the way I see it using ro water and only adding in a very small amount of nutes isn't gonna be a bad thing. I am still very low on salts. And the ladies seem to be loving it as of now. 3 feedings in at 150-180ppm. Gotta push the envelope to see what happens or you'll never know is my thoughts. :)
    And I'll start my weekly molasses at week 3 which helps clear out any salt buildup. So even if it is a little strong the molasses will end up fixing it next week. But I think it's a-ok at this point.
    50% nutes may be high. I'm looking for 200-250 ppm starting week 2 feedings so somewhere between 1/4-1/2 strength.

10. Day 9
    IMG_4462.JPG IMG_4463.JPG IMG_4464.JPG Nothing much going yet. Out of the dome as of day 6. 1 full feeding on all three ladies. Different times but 1 so far. Drop feeding with nutes 3 days. Then 1 full soak with nutes. Started at 150ppm and up to 200ppm. Running at 66-75° depending on day/night. Rh is around 45-60%. Foliar spraying 3x a day. Still only rapid start and flora blend but next feeding it'll be full cycle. Got a couple of roots poking out on the og but autos are hiding. Third nodes coming out on all 3. The og is a little ahead of the autos but I kind of expected that. Og is a stretchy plant. I will be topping the og and the bubblegum next node. The gsc will just grow. I know they say not to top autos but I have to see what happens. It'll be a microtopping so I am hoping it doesn't bother it too much and that's the only topping I'll do on the autos.

But all in all looking fantastic! Proof that nutes on seedlings is a-ok. :)

11. Hope they are still looking good in a week or so..That's a lot of nutes for such a young ling + your soil looks a bit hot as well..Time will tell..it takes a while to see what is really happening

Hope all goes well for you! :)

12. Soils promix hp. No nutes just what I give them.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Day 12

IMG_4466.JPG

IMG_4467.JPG
    Topped this one today. Node 4. My hope is that she's young enough that she'll be repaired before it'll make any difference. But who knows. IMG_4468.JPG
    I'm gonna top her probably tomorrow. This ones hopefully gonna be a mother. Gonna top her once and just let her grow. Take a couple clones and flower those. If it's not a nice pheno I'll flower her and start a new seed.

All 3 have had 1 full series feeding now. Diluted down to 250ppm from 365 so just under 70% of full strength. Ph is 6.2. Rh is around 50%. Foliar spray ro water only 2-3 times a day. Cruise control for now.

14. #14 Gro_Darkstar, Apr 23, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    Day 16.
    Sorry for the blurple pics.

IMG_4503.JPG IMG_4504.JPG IMG_4507.JPG

Got the 3 ladies transplanted. Autos are in #5 pots till the end. The og is in a #3. I am thinking one more transplant for her into a #7 pot.
    I tried to top the og the other day, but not too sure if I got it clean. So it may only be fimed but whatever. (Def just a fim.) I decided not to mother her out. Got my hands on some north genetics this week so I am gonna be phenohunting those seeds coming up so this one is just gonna get pushed thru. May even do a tube series for that. Idk. Plant count and space would be an issue if I was keeping a mom in a 2x4 veg tent. Lol.
    As far as these ones they are loving life. Looking very beautiful so far. Got the nutes at about the plants max right now. Just getting a touch of burn on a couple leaves but that's kind of what I'm looking for. Push em to the max! Gsc is a little slower than the bubblegum but still looks nice. It's kind of tough to compare the og to the others since she's photo and not auto but one thing is for sure she's looking just as good.
    I do have an issue though. Lost my veg fan today. So first thing tomorrow off to find something new.
    Gonna be moving on to week 2 flora series schedule tomorrow. Think I'll stick with the 250ppm for another week though. They aren't quite ready for more. Maybe next week.

That's all I have for this update. Like comment and subscribe!

15. Day 21
    IMG_4523.JPG IMG_4525.JPG IMG_4527.JPG Well they're getting there. Gsc got a little nute burn but nothing serious. Dropped her nutes a little. Seems to be fine. The other two are really growing nice though. Lots of undergrowth too. I don't see how that gsc will be done in 60 days. Looks like it'll be longer than that. But just plugging along. Week 2 flora series nutes, calmag, and mammoth p. Diluted to 170ppm gsc was at 70ppm for last feeding.

16. Day 26

IMG_4588.JPG IMG_4589.JPG IMG_4590.JPG IMG_4592.JPG IMG_4593.JPG IMG_4594.JPG

Def took care of the deficiency. New growth is awesome. Pulled my lights back some to try to get some stretch. Feeding at 1/2 strength still. Not much else going on

17. Ended up doing a flush yesterday. Had 1200ppm runoff on the gsc. Brought it down to 150ppm. And it seems to be helping. Got some great growth overnight. Gonna do the bubblegum when she needs to be watered in like 2 days. Hoping my deficiencies dont reappear but I think it'll all go ok. I'll post some pics this weekend. Also took off the lower growth that was crunchy and touching the promix. And this weekend is new bean weekend! Not sure what I'll run yet but I'll start 2 new photos. Trying for a perpetual with 1-2 finishing about every 4-5 weeks. I'm a little worried about having so many plants on different schedules but idk another way to keep product coming in at a decent timeframe. If you can think of a better way lemme know cause I'd love to know an easier way.

18. Day 31
    IMG_4625.JPG IMG_4626.JPG Gsc IMG_4627.JPG IMG_4628.JPG bubblegum IMG_4629.JPG IMG_4630.JPG blackberry og

Everything is going well. Good growth all around. No more deficiencies. Started 4 more autos 2 days ago. 4 for 4 taproots in less than 24 hours. They are all in promix now in the dome with the heat mat. 75%+ in there for humidity. Sprayed down 3-4 times a day. I'll turn on the t5 light tonight. Should start popping thru tomorrow. As soon as my big girls finish up all the autos will be going into the big tent with the cmh. gonna do it slowly. Few hours at a time.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Looking good so far!

I'm keeping an eye specifically on the Blackberry OG because I'll be popping that down the road. Keep up the great work!

20. Thanks.
    I'm planning on using her for clones once all these autos finish up. 6 clippings with a 1 month veg and then all 6 into flower. Or she will be 1 monster plant. Probably about a 100 day veg if I do that.

• Like Like x 1