Darkness

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by westsieed, Jul 4, 2002.

1. If i keep my plants in the sun through the day but at night time i keep them in the the darkness will this do anything to them, will it kill it, or is it fine coz soon as the sun come out their in it, but they are still warm in my flat so does it matter or do i need a lamp, but in the wild they have to be in the dark so?????

2. In my experiances, darkness is just fine. My boyfriend told me that a little darkness is good when starting out. If you need more help, go to http://www.greenthumb.lookingat.us
    if you email the owner, second page at the bottom, he should help ya

3. Yes! they will be ok!
    I'm presuming that the total direct/indirect light each day is well in excess of 12 hours? Then all should be good.

4. Yes! they will be ok!
    I'm presuming that the total direct/indirect light each day is well in excess of 12 hours? Then all should be good.

5. yes i try to give them as much lite as they can get, coz they are in my window the sun moves around my flat so im always checkin on them to move them in the sun, but ur sayin that they should have 12 hours of sun and 12 hours of total pitch black darkness.
    how do u force flower??????and if u do does the plant survive just as long, can u keep triming the top..??

6. At the beginning of your grow you should give the plants the maximum amount of light available, 24/0 if possible. When you want to force flowering then switch to 12/12 simulating shorter days. Placing your plants in the dark is fine but keep the light cycle you are providing regular, and make sure they are in complete darkness otherwise they will get hermies.

Good luck.