Dark Souls

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by BluntSmoka420, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Anyone one else currently playing this? Hardest shit of my life

2. Yea bro I am stuck on the gargolye atm. Games hard as hell but very addicting.

3. #3 Haze23, Oct 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2011
    I honestly haven't found it to be as hard as people make it out to be. Out of the first 9 or so bosses the only semi challenging one was Quelaag.

I'm sure Nito and the 4 kings etc will be much more difficult when i get to them though so I'm looking forward to that.

I have only played a wanderer and sorcerer so far. If you want a pretty easy path, try the sorcerer...beat Smough and Ornstein first try with it. Great fucking game baked though, I love that if you get killed it's your fault and not some cheesy bullshit.

4. I'm a warrior how do I get spells?

5. I dnt think the warrior has spells. But Im a knight I get some healing spells but nxt toon I try will be the cleric for sure.

6. What kind of spells do you want? Any class can do anything really, the classes are basically just starter packages.

If you want some sorcery spells you can go to the merchant under firelink shrine, just take that elevator down and he is on the side of the stairs in a cell. You have to buy a sorcerers catalyst from him also to be able to use them.

For pyromancer spells you need to rescue the guy trapped in the barrels near the butchers just before the depths. Then buy the pyro glove and spells from him.

Healing spells you can get from covenant of the white, which you can join by speaking to the npc in firelink shrine.

7. Did they add a checkpoint system? Demon's Soul's pissed me off so much due to the lack of a checkpoint system.

8. Bonfires are the only thing that resembles a checkpoint. When you die you respawn at the last bonfire you rested at. When you quit and start the game again, it starts you exactly where you quit and not at a bonfire at least.

9. this game isn't that hard seriously. 95% of the time I die it's b/c of falling off a ledge or something like that. I could count the number of times I've died to normal enemies on one hand, and only two bosses have killed me more than once (Capra demon fuck you, Quelaag fuck you). you just have to go slow and defend while you see how the enemy atks, then evade and own.

as for spells on a warrior, I would go with Pyromancy since that way you don't have to put points into INT. you can't get the spells until you free the pyro npc in the Depths of the undead burg though (he's right next to the room with the two butchers before the sewer starts). Once you free him though he shows up in firelink and you can get the cataylst and spells from him. I Took my ATN to 19 so I could have 4 spell slots and use Greater fireball, fire orb, poison cloud, and iron flesh.

@Haze23 - there are some cheap ass parts though lol. Like the first time you get into the main building of anor londo and the two silver archers are firing at you while you run on the narrow ass ledges....so lame. (although once I went and got some poison arrows and archery'd them to death it was np)

10. Haha know exactly where you mean. That is seriously the most grimy part I have encountered, gave me more trouble than the bosses.

The way I found that works like a charm is buy like 30 poison arrows, and before going down that first ledge to the 2 white demons....go to the other ledge in front of it. In the middle section of that ledge you can shoot the right archer without him being able to hit you.

11. yeah thats what i ended up doing. for me it was that part, and initially going down through The Great hollow trying to get all those items, I died so many times to falling too far.