Dark Night of the Soul

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Saul Tigh, Sep 16, 2009.

1. #1 Saul Tigh, Sep 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2009
    Searched and didn't see anything, but preemptive sorry if there is a thread for this already.

As a huge fan of DJ Danger Mouse I was super excited when I heard he was making an album with Sparklehorse. Then came word that David Lynch was somehow involved! @_@
    Then the sad news that EMI is a bunch of Fuckwits and won't let the album see the light of day. Dangermouse being savvy with this newfangled "intrawebs" simply leaked it in retaliation.
    For anyone who is a fan of any of the three of them YOU MUST HEAR THIS ALBUM! It easily became my favorite new album of the year, in a year with a Modest Mouse release!

Any other fans on here?

(Also, I'll be happy to provide links, but I'm not sure if we're allowed. If someone could let me know that'd be sweet)

Fake Edit: Actually here is a link to NPR, because it's technically legal.
    Exclusive First Listen: Danger Mouse And Sparklehorse Team Up With David Lynch : NPR
    Here is one of my favorite songs on the album:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2amKYQ8EgA"]YouTube - Danger Mouse and Sparklehorse - Dark Night of the Soul - Insane Lullaby[/ame]
    The rest of the songs are actually on youtube as well just search.

Every song sounds different, so don't be put off if you don't like this one. Dangermouse and Sparklehorse are just all about using their guest vocalists in interesting ways.

2. No love for DJ DangerMouse? :-(

3. no but I am a big fan of David Lynch :smoke:

this album is pretty cool

4. You can hear Lynch sing on a couple of tracks, including the title track.