Dark green leaves starting to have yellow spots

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jakeboy09, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Ok everyone. So I got this clone and have been growing it now for 2 months or so. It is about 2feet tall and I just switched it from 18/6 to 12/12 light. I did get a more powerful grow light about a week and hall ago. The plant was doing great in the veg stage and now all of a sudden it's starting to get some dark green leaves and yellow tips or spots on some leaves. Any idea what I can do to help or not do. I did switch the fertilizer when i started the flowering stage could that be the reasoning why? I was not going to fert. And just give good ph water and see if maybe it was to much nutrients. Also if you see in the pictures the leaves are starting to curl as well slightly.

Attached Files:

2. #2 jerry111165, Jun 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
    Boy do you need more lighting...

J

Edit: - never mind - just saw you got some.

J

• Like Like x 1
  3. I have good lighting for the plant when I took the pic the lights where off because it's on a 12/12. The lighting isn't the issue. The plant is growing like crazy but it's starting to show signs of some yellowness on the leave. The dark green is mostly at the bottom of the plant my guess is the light isn't hitting it right.

4. It means there's a lack of nitrogen, if you want to save them, harvest them. Now.

5. How can he harvest them when it's not even flowering, I don't think it's nitrogen def since the leaves are very dark green, could be wrong pH

6. I've only grown once so don't judge, but what I meant was to start flowering ASAP and yeah haha. But what I've seen of yellow leaves, nitro def.

7. I was just about to say harvest what? If you read what I wrote I just put the plant into flowering stage just a little over a week ago. The plant was perfect but all of a sudden once I changed the lighting and used a diff fert the leaves started going yellow on me. How can I up my nitrogen with out adding more fert. to it. Right now i have just been giving only water so I don't over load it

8. Uhhh sorry, I'm pretty sure you can buy liquid nitrogen up in a local flowery or garden store, I think. Try googling it haha.

9. Like you just give it a bit mixed with water and it increases nitrogen, like ph up.

10. Are you sure it's not a lighting issue, it looks like the stems are stretching a lot and the space between nodes is way too big, I think it's a light problem, you need to up them

• Like Like x 1
  11. I have already started the flowering stage and that's when all of this started to happening with the yellowing and it becoming very dark green. I'm not judging anyone. This is my first time messing with growing this as well. I have read a ton and ton but everything is pointing me in a million directions when reading. Says it would be boron defic. Ph needs to be balanced, nitrogen deficiency, the yellow could be burn spots from th light seeing that it is doing it a lot at the top of the plant. That's why I have come here for insight. People who are dealing with this same thing.

12. Oh boy... Lol

OP, new pics of what you're referring to would help.

And btw, yellowing leaves does not always refer to any kind of a deficiency, a word that is thrown around way too freely and too often.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I once saw on the high-times growing documentary that yellowing could mean its time to harvest? Correct me if i'm wrong.

14. I have read that around harvest you will get yellowing leaves near the bottom. Which the bottom of my plant is doing fairly well. But there is jus a couple leaves that have a yellow spot on them. I gave it some nutrients yesterday and there seems to be a massive improvement from how it looked yesterday it looks a lot better.

Attached Files:

15. Yes, I was right. IIIIIII WIN!

16. liquid nitrogen?? LOL and freeze ur plants straight up hahaha

17. Nah not that bullshit XD Like the gardening fertiliser stuff yo hahaha you made my day m8.

18. So I was jus reading somethings and I actually isn't saying a nitrogen deficiency but it's actually saying it's getting to much nitrogen which is why the leaves are getting so green.

Attached Files:

19. Oh, well that's interesting, I hope your plants end up good bruva.

20. Thank man I appreciate the insight. These things are tricky. There are so many signs that are the exact same for different shit! Lol I will figure it out im sure!