Dankohzee's water savers!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Corto Malteze, Feb 14, 2009.

1. #41 ocitown, Feb 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2009
    Also using powdered pellets would cause much less trauma to the soil.

Speaking of root balls and heartyness,i just took two mothers over a year old root bound out of the pots and using a bread knife cut the bottom and 2" all the way off and returned them to the pot with fresh soil and they never missed a beat,went ionto flower a week later too. Called root pruning.

Now into their 5th week of flower.

2. Cannabis is pretty tough to kill actually. One time I had a branch fall on one of my plants and snap the stalk nearly in two. It was only about two feet tall so I though it was a goner because there were only a few strands keeping the plant from being two individual pieces. Went back a coupla days later and there was a bunch of gooey, milky stuff oozing out of both ends of the break. A week later I went back and the milky stuff had formed a sort of hard knuckle and the plant had begun to right itself.

One time I noticed a little ganja plant growing next to an old plank that was laying in my back yard. Upon closer inspection I realized it was growing out from under it. I lifted the plank and was amazed to find that the plant had taken root underneath one end of this twelve foot board and had grown under it for the entire length of the board before coming out the other side and finding the sunshine.

3. LOL! Wow dude those are two crazy storys. Lol, that seems like a way of lst :p

4. Yeah no kidding!

5. #45 Corto Malteze, Feb 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2009
    The one I found available here is organic and in liquid form. The dosage is 0,2-0,3 liters for 1 m3 (almost a hole). They recommend to dilute it in 2-10 liters of water and then mix it in evenly (no layers for this liquid). When the soil dries out, the roots will be aerated so I don't think it would be a problem. I'm not even sure I can get this as it's sold for towns and landscape businesses etc... It might not be wise to try ordering this. Anyway, some perlite and vermic. will be good too. I know they carry them in local garden centers. Thanks people!

6. I don't have access to any of these here. I think I'll go with the perlite, vermiculite, peat moss and some brown bags as for retaining water. It's gonna be greeeaaat!

7. Why not? Shipping too much?

8. They don't ship here! And the liquid organic stuff is sold 4 X 5 liters for 100 bucks(I only need about 4 liters). Plus, it's for businesses.
    The ones you can buy here are ornamental crystals (ridiculously expensive).
    So I think vermiculite will do good. That's the one that retains the most water, right? Is perlite really important too?
    Does 10% perlite + 10% vermiculite sound good for the soil mix? I've been browsing for the right proportions but I'm not not sure. Basically I need something that holds water the longest (very hot weather). Thanks!

9. I use about 33% perlite or vermiculite or both mixed. You can also incorporate a little bit of quality natural soil into your mix. One of the reasons peat is so popular is the fact that it doesn't hold water well, which makes it very forgiving but also quick to dry out. The only thing is if you use native soil make sure you test it. Here, we do that by taking a sample to a local cooperative agricultural center or we just buy a cheap test kit. I'm sure at least one of those options should work for you.

10. Ok Dank, thanks man. You're absolutely right about the peat. I knew there were rehydrating issues with it drying out. It can be very slow and difficult to rehydrate, thus being of no use to the mix. So I won't add too much of that. And yes, I plan on using some of the naitve soil (with a ph test if I can).I'll line the sides and part of the hole with brown paper bags which will disintegrate when Fall comes and I don't need too much water retention. Thanks to all for help. I'm off to the garden centers to see prices for perlite and vermiculite. At least I can get those easily!

11. I am pretty sure they would ship them to Europe if you ask...

12. That system is nice though with released water for 1 month I have to say. I'll contact them and let you know. Thanks very much. Cool product.

13. These are all awesome water solutions. We should combine our powers and and make one bad ass Guerilla Watering Solutions Stickey.:p

14. Im with you on that one :cool:

15. These are now dry--about two and a half months to dry in the open air. I would say that's some serious water retention. I'm not using the this year though. I'm still nervous they'll fuck up my flush.

16. 2 and a half months! That's pretty cool! Maybe try it in one test spot (I'll try the baby diapers!) on a spot and see how it goes for taste and watering. Later!

17. Guys I would FAR TOO NOSY about what's going on to visit spots only "every here and then"...lol