Danish police raids skunk "laboratory"

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Poisongage, Jan 26, 2009.

1. #1 Poisongage, Jan 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2009
    Well, if it isn't enough that we have to grow our natural herb in deep and dark secrecy, because of the fascist laws that we have in place, we also have to take shit like this from the press.

The Danish newspaper, Ekstra Bladet, reports that a skunk "laboratory" was raided on the 22nd of January by Danish police.

"Laboratory" ?!?!?! No fucking wonder people think that cannabis is dangerous. To some, calling a grow-up a lab might seem harmless, but the impact of that word is astronomical. When people who aren't aware of how Cannabis is grown hear the word "laboratory" they immediately associate it with things such as methamphetamines, mdma and other chemical drugs. It's things like this, that piss me off. Things like this that lead to stupid people making factually wrong remarks about a plant they know nothing of.

Mass media mind control is our biggest enemy. Their brainwashing of already dumbed-down people, is what is keeping Cannabis from being legalized.

I am so pissed off at this article, i had to share it with you. Here is a translation:

-------

15:49 - 22. jan. 2009 | Sanne Rosbøg, www.eb.dk

"Skunklaboratory revealed last night"

Tonight, the police raided a major skunklaboratory and arrested a 29 year old man near Haderslev (city).

A major laboratory with a large skunk-production in Bevtoft near Haderslev was revealed last night. Special patrols, drug-search dogs and police dogs where dispersed. Around 2000 plants were impounded from a barn on a farm, thereof 10 kilos worth of cured skunk ready for sale, South- and Southern Jutland Police notes.

According to the police, parts of the loft were set up as a grow/cure room, 150 square meters in size. The laboratory was professionally set up with a special laboratory for plant cuts, lights, ventilation and fertilizers.

A 29 year old local man was arrested on sight.

"It was pure coincidence that we got wind of the laboratory. But police are often equipped with a particularly good nose, so after a period of investigation we could strike last night." says Jens Peter Rudbeck from South- and Southern Jutlands Police to ekstrabladet.dk

He states that the police are still looking for other people involved.

"We are still looking for a couple of people. Several people are involved in this kind of thing. It takes someone with a big wallet, to establish a laboratory - and somebody with the proper knowledge about how it's done" he says.

According to him the establishment of skunklaboratories are somewhat of a new buzz. There are big money to be made from homegrown, strong hash, and the police are now working from a theory that organized crime is behind the laboratory.

Fucking pigs. PUT MARY DOWN! YOU'RE GONNA HURT HER!
    [​IMG]

-----

They mention the word laboratory 9 times in this short text. Intentionally, or unintentionally, this is brainwashing people with wrong information.

Also, note at the bottom how little effort this wicked bitch of a journalist Sanne Rosbøg has given to researching the drug/plant/substance she is writing about. She confuses hash from grass, which clearly indicates that she doesn't have the slightest clue what she is ranting about. :eek: :mad:

2. #2 Miklelottesen, Jan 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2009
    I agree, but you could argue whether a grow room is a lab or not. A lab is just a definition of a facility where scientific stuff are been done. Biology is science, and using fertilizers and cloning could be defined as lab-stuff.

So it's not the media who's to blame, it's just the danish population in general. Though I do whish they'd use grow-room or green house instead. I recall the tv-news used the term greenhouse when they told about a large basement growing that had been found in Sweden or Norway - can't remember which ;)

Also, looking at the picture, the article seems to lie. It says that it was ready for sale - those sprouts certainly look too young for my pipe..

3. What do you expect? It's Ekstra Bladet ;)

4. #4 Poisongage, Jan 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2009
    Haha ja jeg havde heller ikke forventet andet. Men syntes det skulle ud så verden kan se hvor elendig en presse vi har :D

And as far as the laboratory goes, it is not argueable i my opinion:

lab·o·ra·to·ry (lāb'rə-tôr'ē, -tōr'ē) Pronunciation Key
    n. pl. lab·o·ra·to·ries

1. A room or building equipped for scientific experimentation or research.
    2. An academic period devoted to work or study in such a place.
    2. A place where drugs and chemicals are manufactured.
    3. A place for practice, observation, or testing.

[Medieval Latin labōrātōrium, from Latin labōrāre, to labor, from labor, labor.]
    The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
    Copyright © 2006 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
    Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

lab⋅o⋅ra⋅to⋅ry
       /ˈlæbrəˌtɔri, -ˌtoʊri, ˈlæbərə-; Brit. ləˈbɒrətəri, -ətri/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [lab-ruh-tawr-ee, -tohr-ee, lab-er-uh-; Brit. luh-bor-uh-tuh-ree, -uh-tree] Show IPA Pronunciation
    noun, plural -ries, adjective
    –noun

1. a building, part of a building, or other place equipped to conduct scientific experiments, tests, investigations, etc., or to manufacture chemicals, medicines, or the like.
    2. any place, situation, set of conditions, or the like, conducive to experimentation, investigation, observation, etc.; anything suggestive of a scientific laboratory.
    –adjective
    3. serving a function in a laboratory.
    4. relating to techniques of work in a laboratory: laboratory methods; laboratory research.

Origin:
    1595–1605; < ML labōrātōrium workshop, equiv. to L labōrā(re) to labor + -tōrium -tory 2
    Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
    Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

This clearly states that it is a place where scientific research is being done, or a place where chemicals/drugs are manufactured. Since Cannabis isn't manufactured, it does not constitute a laboratory. Cannabis is grown/produced, which differs from manufacturing.

To manufacture is to create, and you are not creating anything. You are producing which i would argue are two different things. So it should have been grow-op or greenhouse or whatever, just not laboratory.

And regarding to the picture, it is from a different article on EB.dk just wanted to show GC how the danish pigs look like when taking down our sweet Princess Mary (get it ? :D )

5. I see what you mean.

Hehe, det har jeg faktisk aldrig tænkt over ;)

6. Haha nej, det er også en forfærdelig tanke.... puuuuha :(

7. Using the word laboratory makes people think its meth or something.. its intentional..

8. Lol det er jo hul i hovedet. De er for syge de pansere.
    Satme godt de ikk dukker op her hehe.

9. Haha en Dansker mere :D

Hej Byrgesen. Hvor er man fra i det gode land ?

Jylland her.

10. Yes. That is exactly right.

11. Halløjsa :) jamen Østjylland her hehe.

Der er sku flere danskere her inde end du tror :)

12. Haha hold nu, jeg er fra voldens by, så kan du selv gætte dig til hvilken én det er. Vi har en hundelort i et lyskryds og en våd skov i en kuppel hvor der bor eksotiske dyr :D Haha

Jeg har kun set Mikkelottesen og så dig !

13. Murhahahaha så vi sku to der fra :) for vildt lig at rende ind i dig hehe.
    Kender den by alt for godt hehe.

Jeg har mødt nogle stykker som har boet i danmark og så flyttet til staterne :)

14. Aaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha hold nu, det er sgu for sygt. Jeg ved ikke hvor mange hundredetusinde medlemmer her er, og så er vi to fra den samme by, i det her lille land:D

Hvis du stadig er lokaliseret i nærheden bør vi da ryge en pind en dag :)

15. hehe bestemt. det ku vi sgatens finde ud af. er bar total flad her for tiden, den fucking bankkrise.
    Så laver ikk en skid for ka ikk få noget arbejde hehe.

Ja det er sku for sygt hehe. Hvis jeg siger nordbyen hva siger du så? :)

16. Hahahahahaahahahahahahahahaha :D

SÃ¥ siger jeg Vangdalen :D

Ja jeg er også arbejdsløs, så det er samme her. Men har gang i noget uofficielt arbejde, så der kommer snart nogle klejner. :smoke:

17. hehe nice nok. bor meget tæt på birgers grill :)
    Det noget pis uden job, har kun fucking 8 kilo og rode med hver måned på dagpenge hehe.
    Så må man jo bar gro sig til gratis rygelse hehe.

18. Haha kan ikke komme mig over at vi bor så tæt på hinanden og at vi så mødes her af alle steder. Ja det er noget lort, jeg har ikke engang orket at ansøge om dagpenge, men det kunne være jeg skulle gøre det. :D

Ja det må man! Jeg skal selv have noget i gang på et tidspunkt. Har bare ikke penge for tiden til materialer.

19. Du har måske slet ikk gang i noget?
    Ja dagpenge er satme godt til lig at holde røven over vandskorpen hehe.

Ja det er sku utroligt, ka jo sagtens ske vi har mødt hinanden før eller kender nogen der kender nogen og sån hehe.

Er igang med en lille pause fra det røg, ryger satme for meget for tiden. første dag idag uden en godnat ryger :/ ka slet ikk sove hehe.

20. Hehe ja lige præcis. Får også røget en del, men jeg er desværre lige løbet tør.

Så ingen penge og ingen røg, det er sgu nedtur.

Jo jeg har gang i lidt, men ikke nok :D