Dangers of e cigarettes

Discussion in 'E-Liquids & E-Juice, E-Cigarettes' started by RichardDean, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Man in surgery after e-cigarette explodes - CNN
    https://apple.news/AZfvgqQihRmqPAmL56WM3Yg
    Wondering what everyone thinks about this read too many stories about this happening to ever want to risk using mine ever again. Not worth it to me. Cheap Chinese crap blowing up in our faces no thanks. I'll just dab up on a rig

2. Well it's like anything you use incorrectly, what would happen if you tried to drill a hole in piece of wood with it on your lap? Accidents happen, but I know my gear is tight and I know what I'm doing so the chances that happening to me are very slim, besides there's plenty of warnings from the batteries hissing and spitting long before they explode, this guy must have been a complete tool,
    what wanna know what device he was using... It sounds powerful...I want one

3. I mean don't get me wrong they can be dangerous, but with today's vv and vw chips have all the safety features built in, it would be very hard to get one of them to fail

4. well they didnt show his device so we cant be certain. he could have bought some cheap piece of shit, could have been running a mech with an efest. typically when these happen its user fault and not so much the device itself.

5. Does make your worry cause they do go really warm and my dad always has is

6. Seems like most accidents occur when people are charging the pens with a incorrect charger or charging off a laptop USB port and they heat up and explode. It's pretty rare but still if it happened to a few people it could happen to someone else with a bad pen. Just beware and be safe out there.

7. Somewhere out there is an idiot that could find a way to kill himself with a paper clip. Reality is the actual problems with well made devices are extremely rare.

8. Yeah I'm sure if you have a high quality pen you probably will never see any issue. I have a see go not sure how goo those are just sticking to my rig from now on though pens don't even medicate me that well I like massive dabs hah.