Danger to myself

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Thewastedyouth, Feb 8, 2012.

1. For many years this has happened. I have had many occasions where:

I will feel depressed on a monday. It builds up on a Tuesday. Then theres me SERIOUSLY contemplating killing myself on the Wednesday night. Sometimes its intense, sometimes im strangely casaul about it. Thats not because im bluffing myself, i have attempted before...

Then after the intense night before, i will walk out my door on a Thursday feeling completely fine as if i didnt nearly just kill myself.

What worrries me is my ease of fading in and out between such dramatically different feelings.

Im not looking for " dont do it! You have so much to live for!" comments, im generally curious as to why i do this!?

Could it even be a medical condition!?

2. See a doctor and tell them exactly what you just told us. It could be from something as simple and treatable as a chemical imbalance. Often people see a doctor and say they're fine, they won't know these kind of things unless you tell them.

3. Do you ever feel really happy out of the blue, and then sad?

Bipolar disorder - PubMed Health ; only thing that comes to mind.
    you need to be more specific, what exactly is it that makes you feel this way. when you contemplate suicide, why are you thinking that way?

4. All the doctors gonna do is give him pills to suppress whatevers bothering him (which, given the fact that its depression, could be helped with mj). Suppressing it does nothing but shelters the problem until you run out of pills. You need to solve it so it never comes back.

5. Its a tough one to go in to without going deep, and i am in no mood to do that right now!

I swear the symptoms of bipolar, you could classify 90% of the population with it!

And the suicide, usually through a lack of wanting to live on, seeing no real want to follow this weekly pattern of working just to have a house, live normally, but not giving myself any chance of getting out and away from it, ambition but no knowledge or confidence to know where, when or how to get away from this 'normal' everyday existence...

6. #6 Vicious, Feb 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2012
    Are you implying he shouldn't see a doctor?

[​IMG]

One doesn't simply mind over matter a chemical imbalance.

There may be natural ways to treat something but that's no reason not to consult a doctor. Telling him not to see one is potentially dangerous advice. Psychologist do not prescribe medicine. There are people to see for mental disorders besides psychiatrist. There could be an underlying problem he may not know about.

See a doctor dude.

7. Well i told the doctor recently that im depressed, didnt go in to much more than that, and she linked me to Cognitive behavioural therapy which ive started...

8. Well, I've been against SSRI's and SNRI'S (Antidepressants) for years. They just put me on Cymbalta and it works great.

I hear what you're saying about suppressing the problem - and that's true. But I would tell the OP to see a doc and get STABILIZED on an SSRI or SNRI (the latter may work better).

THEN you work on your problems and eventually get off of it.

This is from experience. Use the bandaid and while it's on you work on the problems. Then take it off when you're healed...

Not a doc, btw, so do with that what you will...

9. Not sure how willing my doc is to resort to pillls though. It seems like everything else before meds, thats the impression i got...

10. i just wish there was more than one doctor in the world. :rolleyes:

11. But i like my doctor! Haha

12. you a clone of me?

13. Ive come to realise that WE are at least a qaurter of the fucking population!

14. Someone break out the DSM IV and diagnose him.

15. smoke massive ganja and read the power of now.. this is all cuase of ur mest up noodles stay head strong and have a soft heart.. u basically need change ur thinking pattern u gotta be that change

16. Sound like a Legitimate case of BP although I think they got rid of bipolar as a real disorder and it joined the ranks of manic depression. Psychology is weird like that.

17. I took anti-depressants and along with a psychologist I was able to take myself off the pills without any outside assistance. I have been off them for about 4 months and I don't think I've experienced a sad day since.

Treating the chemical imbalance in our brain with pills is actually really effective. Although while I was using them I hated how 'numb' they made me which is why I made the decision to take myself off them when I felt ready.