damping off?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by oryalse, Feb 13, 2017.

1. My seed sprouted and stayed sideways and the first leaves haven't opened... been almost 2 days since it surfaced.im wondering if it's damping off?
    Or if yall have any other ideas let me know. It's lemon skunk
    The soil was really dry so I misted before I took the pics.

Attached Files:

2. Can it take a while for a sprout to straighten up and open its leaves?
    Like a few days?

3. looks like it, sorry mate what soil are you using, did you pack it down or saturate it

4. Just regular potting soil no added nuts. .. I lightly pressed the soil and misted it with spray bottle.

5. Is there hope in it recovering or growing?

6. Is your humidity, heat and light good? I'm new grower also sprouted tons no prob they pop out and point at the light. I just use 6500 cfl

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Good lighting humidity and the temp is ideal my other 2 seedlings are loving it...

8. Mix 10ml of 3% hydrogen peroxide with 100ml of water and foliar spray the youngling.. do this 2 times a day and see if she peeks up! Keep Ph around 6.3-6.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Peroxide really?

10. How will I know if it's dead dead?

11. #11 MrMJuana, Feb 14, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    Yes. Peroxide kills fungal and mould infections.. feeds and oxidises the roots and purifies the seedling. I recommend you try this as a last resort and is highly unlikely to cause more damage. Ur seedling turns pale then yellow when dead or dying.. if she is green then she needs support. Sometimes necrotic growth can kill and will turn the stem purple to dark brownish if indeed it is Pythium!??

When a seedling is at an angle and baby leaves aren't open then it can either be slow stimulating or it struggling in some way which can be Pythium.. this is why I ALWAYS soak seeds in Hydrogen Peroxide and pure water over night till they sink (permeates) and then plant straight in soil and see their heads popping above surface within 3 days (buried half an inch deep!)..

Did this seedling have a helmet still stuck to its leaves at all??

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nah didn't have a helmet at all...
    Came out sideways like that when it popped the soil 2 days ago. Stem does look purpleish

13. Is there alternative to peroxide I don't have any... if not can grab some tommorow if it's not to late..

14. Unfortunately only powdered based like cinnamon which kills Pythium but not as effective as peroxide.. try giving her more light or putting her in reach of the sun to get UV which kills Pythium also!

15. Looking better?

Attached Files:

16. She be standing straight now!!! Leaves opened a bit :)
    Think I babied the little girl back to health thx for all the help everyone

Attached Files:

17. How did ur seedling get on??

18. What u mean get on?

19. How is it doing and how did u get her upstanding and able? Recommend u give her No nutrients.. just bottled water or de-chlorinated tap water/rain

20. I put the light a bit closer gave her no water for a day and a half till pot was bone dry than gave minimum bottled water.