Damping Off?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dumpsterfunk, Mar 19, 2013.

1. This is my 5th grow, but I usually grow clones, so I'm a beginner seed starter..I started 32 seedlings, all very trusted seed Co. Germination was a breeze! I used roots organic for my soil in sanatized solo cups with holes poked in the bottom for drainage. I had them in my room with my clones, but decided since they're for my full term I shouldn't have them on 24 hr light cycle. So i brought them outside during the day here its about 60-70 temp, on a good day more. I brought them inside my house for the night because some nights it will get down to 50 or below. The first night I had them in, was fine.. the second night I lost one, it started to lean, bend over, then the stalk that sticks out right above the dirt got really skinny and shriveled and died.. whats strange to me, is damping off is a disease and i havent seen any mold or signs of mold (unless its way down in the dirt.) Anyway, I was almost positive that it was damping off, I hit them with a little bit of kelp and rubbed some neem oil on them since yesterday was a pretty overcast day and they had no chance of burning up. Well last night, I brought them inside early, just before it started to get chilly. Woke up this morning and 7 of them are starting to bend and shrivel! So i put them back in the room under a light with a heatlamp because the soil was a little cold, gave them a little spritz of water and I'm praying when i go back in there they will perk up. Does this sound like damping off to you? Or something else? I'm very grateful for those of you taking time to help me out, many blessings

2. Damping off is very possible, especially since soils like roots and the others are notoriously skimpy on the aerobic compost component. Look into brewing an AaCT for your plants, in my garden it has made all the difference (vermicompost has)

3. I just got some empire builder delivered, I'm seriously debating transplanting.. it feels risky, but I think sitting around and watching them die is even riskier

4. if you think this "empire builder" has enough humic acid and aerobic bacteria for your plants, simply make a slurry with your water, by mixing 1 gallon soil with 3 gallons water. Stir it violently and you will see nice bubbles on the surface, then strain immidiately and water your plants. Do not store.

Then just keep the room warm with the fans gently circulating air, and you should see the recovery

5. I don't think I want to give hm any water, the soil is very moist. I'm going to plant the ones that are still doing good and say bye bye to the ones that are pretty much gone, one was border line I tranplanted that first. Now I have them inside under a 500w hps and a heat lamp to keep the soil warm. I took my pineapple skunk and put it on top of my water heater, hopefully that will dry it out. The one I tranplanted I took a look at the roots and boy did it look good, nice long pearly white taproot with a few lateral roots, the only thing tthat stumps me still is.. if my roots look good and shows no sign of root or mold... why is the stem shriveling up and killing off tthe top of my plant.. ?