Damping off

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by budman22, Sep 5, 2012.

1. I have one grape ape right now that was showing signs of some sort of a disease. I dug down in the dirt to find out that the stem was literally rotted in half. I moved the plant and I have been trying to bring it back to its original state but now I think it has infected two of my other plants. The symptoms are all older leaves are turning yellow and slightly wilting but other than that they seem to be going strong. I am growing outside and I have been watering them properly. I just flushed with some H2o2 and now I am treating it with some aqua shield and some superthrive. My question is has anyone dealt with this problem and successfully gotten through it. Or am I doomed?
    Thanks for the help and no I cant post pictures sorry.

2. The plants are also 2 weeks into flowering one thats sick is about 5'6" the other two are around 3 feet

3. Bump...can anyone can help me with this problem? any advice?

4. It would help to see a pic. Damping off usually occurs when plants are in the seedling stage due to too much water. I've only seen mature plants do what you're talking about above the soil line, i.e., stem rot. Agricultural fungicides like maneb, or daconil can stop it when brushed on the area, as well 5150 posted where he uses a pen torch and burns the area. Soma recommends colloidal silver. HTH.

5. I do have one plant that has stem rot that is at the soil line. My question is is stem rot or the fungus that causes it contagious to other plants around it?