Damn Radios

Discussion in 'General' started by cheebaa, May 4, 2006.

1. i dont go thumping in residential neighborhoods only on main streets but im positive you wouldnt be able to remove me from the front seat, and that jack move could possibly result in a trip to the hospital, use your head.

2. thats priceless, it reminds me of my old honda with subs in the trunk, the system was easily worth more than the car.

3. yup, just like that ray cash video they have the no radio signs and whatnot, but i havent seen any out in PA

4. What law?

About 5 years ago, my bro-in-law told me when he called the cops because people would drive by every 10 minutes with their stereo way up, the cops told him that because they're in a moving car, they can't enforce any of the sound-limiting rules. I mean if they did, then like every Semi truck would be in trouble for being too loud.

Some places now have ordinances that apply to cars with music, but in some places, at least in the very recent past, cars were immune to being in trouble for having music too loud because it wasn't against the law to have a loud car, as long as it had a muffler, strangely enough.

But that was in the midwest, and they're pretty lax on automobile laws.

5. disturbing the peace possibly

6. and on a final comment the best part about having subs in the trunk is tailgaters, fuckem. im not ashamed to say i throw the bass up right when they start ridin me,and i'll let it thump right through stopped traffick.

watching objects in other peoples cars vibrate from my woofers is hilarias.

7. Perhaps, but like I said, it's very iffy with cars because so many cars are loud just by themselves. Ever lived next to a highway? It's a non-stop roar.

I can see a police officer giving a ticket to someone who they catch with their stereo up, but they won't go after someone if you call it in, or at least they wouldn't for us. Maybe things have changed.

8. ionno i feel that to be narked out for thumping your system is a joke, and those semi trucks do make sooo much more noise on average sometimes i have to be thumping just to hear music around'em.

9. Semi's don't drive down residential neighborhoods at 2 am.

I don't feel sorry for anyone who gets busted for cranking their system up. No one else wants to listen to your music, let alone when it's all shitty sounding from coming out of a plastic box on wheels, let alone early in the morning.

10. i already said i dont thump in neighborhoods, espically in the am....im just talking about on main highways and shit and i live off in the woods and i see a few trucks pass by a day...

i was just out walking my dog and noticed how loud the planes are espically any type of military vechiles..

11. realistically if im out driving at 2 am im prolly driving home

so id be driving through my neighborhood... and i keep my sound level at 1 around here because im shady enough as is.

12. Personally i disagree with most of you. I have a system in my car, i installed it myself, thats one of my hobbies. My system bangs pretty loud, but you car doesnt rattle, and im not the kid driving around with my windows down so you can heard me. I listen to lots of stuff other than rap so even though i have a lot of bass goin on in the trunk i have high quality components up front so i can jam to what is actually being said in the music. Nothing is better than throwing on some disco buiscuts rolling all the windows up and sparking some leaf, once you get high the music just gets into your body and you can feel it while your listening. Im an audiophile, so nice drivers are a must. Its not about how loud it is, its just about clarity, and my system is crystal clear, plus i payed about a fraction of what it should actually cost doing it myself. I really do hate the kids with the cheap cars and loud SPL systems that sound like garbage. so i agree with you there, there are also some places loud music doesnt belong, but some people will just never be polite.

13. sounds like my sound system, although mine happens to be loud at times and im normally listening to rap,

there is nothing like some good music good weed on a nice day cruising.

14. guess im an asshole lol.
    if sum1 tells me to turn it down i'll just be like "alrite sorry dude have a nice day"

15. i hear ya Kadernal. mines done professionally(cost a lot but i dont know how to do a lot of that shit) and its crystal clear no matter the volume

but sometimes, there are moments when i want the windows down with the system up, but normally i keep it at a reasonable volume

16. Exactly homie.

I do all my shit myself and do shit for alot of people under the table and make alot of money doing it. But doing it for a fraction of the cost of a proffescional coming and installing it for them.

Ive fixed countless blown amps and the likes.