Damn I need friends..

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Foood, Jun 13, 2019.

1. I’m in my thirties now and my friendship circle has narrowed to one pal aside from my partner. We’re out in the burbs, super quiet area and I miss having a buddy to go get a drink with. Although I talk to some people online it’s not the same as irl connections plus i’m trying to spend less time online and trying to do stuff out in the world. I really need to meet people - anyone in the same boat? :(

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. I meet people and have made good friends through hobbies.

Maybe go to a quiet bar and talk to people.

• Like Like x 1
  3. You don't need friends, you need people who like doing the things that you do... Once you find that, you can begin building a friendship.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I’m in the same boat. Recently separated so I’m feeling just bit of a loner atm. Trying to get out and accept all invites(you can usually bail if you need to)

5. If you live in a larger town, check out meetup.com They have meet ups for all sorts of things. People that like to read, jog, bird watch, hike, etc. I've looked in Portland in case I ever move there. There are all sorts of meet ups I would join.

Here, in this little hick town, the only meet ups are young mothers looking for play dates for their toddlers.

• Like Like x 2
  6. A lot of bars have triva now too. People don't necessarily have enough people for their team and are looking for another player.