Damn I almost died

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Havok410, May 17, 2010.

1. It does make it right... Traffic is a flow, if you don't move with the flow you cause accidents. Welcome to the real world. Smoking weed is illegal, but we are here :eek:. OMG THE LAW SAYS WEED IS ILLEGAL! JUST BECAUSE EVERYONE DOES IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU GUYS SHOULD! WATCH OUT PEOPLE WILL INHALE YOUR SECOND HAND SMOKE AND DIE, OF AIDS!

2. Let me guess, if you would've hit him you probably would've tried to countersue his inevitable legal attack, saying "he was going to slow bro"

good job man, and did you ever consider maybe he had POS car that couldn't go that fast? IDK, keep your eyes open for brick walls next time, or not

3. No it doesn't....what the fuck look simply put breaks down like this...dude was going waaay over the speed limit.....20 miles....hell five more down here anyway and the dude is eligible for some jail time. Other guy was going ten miles under the speed limit according to the OP...but when you're going twenty miles OVER the speed limit the guy could've been driving the speed limit, and still got tagged.

All of this is on the OP...peroid...he was driving like a dumb ass...and everyone knows driving like a dumb ass behind the will can get you very, very, dead. I mean whats the point do you feel like a bad ass when you're going 20 miles over the speed limit?

Like yeaah...I'm a rebel without a cause...speed limit says 60...whatever fuck that I'm going eighty! After all I'm a bad ass! It's not like me going twenty miles over the speed limit at night when you can't break in time when something like a car or something like that gets in your way

4. there are a select few people i play a game with if the roads are empty. that game would be "double the limit". as in, 50 in a 25, 60 in a 30, etc. the best part of it is that most of the roads out my way are posted at >40. but i'm not talking of sustaining that speed, i just like to touch it from time to time.

5. No, it doesn't. Maybe in your head it does, but in the REAL WORLD (i.e. what actually is the case) going along with everybody else doesn't make what you're doing right. In fact, if a cop wanted to he could (and they do) pull over an entire group of people speeding. Tell a cop "I was just keeping up with the flow of traffic," and you'll be noted as having explicitly admitted to breaking the law. Where is the line drawn? If some people are driving down the freeway at 100mph is it the responsibility of everybody else to get out of the way? Or is there some arbitrary limit you have in your head? If you're going with an arbitrary limit, why isn't THAT the speed limit? If you're going to always go over the limit, then it's no longer a limit. It defies the very definition of "speed limit."

Your mindset is EXACTLY what makes this country full of such shitty drivers. You think that just because everybody else drives like an asshole, that gives you the right to do it as well. You completely disregard the law and endanger other drivers in doing so. Regardless of what you believe, the speed LIMIT is the speed LIMIT, not the speed AVERAGE or the speed MINIMUM or the speed SUGGESTION. As I said before, if you want to speed go right ahead but don't for a goddamned second try to blame people who are driving a legal and safe speed for your own fuckups. That's exactly what the OP was doing and is exactly what you're trying to do.

Do you consider stop signs to be suggestions, too? I mean, that other guy just rolled through that stop sign so I suppose it's completely justifiable for you to do it as well. Cuz if you actually stop at the stop sign, the douchebag behind you is going to not stop (because that's what everyone else who he sees does) and hit you and then the accident is your fault!! :rolleyes:

Bringing up pot laws is a red herring and has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand. Unless you're implying that smoking pot has the same inherent danger to innocent people as does a 3,000 pound chunk of steel going 80mph....try again, kid.

6. Some of you people sound like really bad drivers. Driving under the speed limit is just as bad as driving over the speed limit in my opinion. I almost got in an accident because a woman was going ~20mph in a 40. How is that okay? That's just as wreckless as going over the speed limit. And to everyone who says it's a called a LIMIT for a reason, if say 90% of people drive at the speed limit or above, the other 10% should speed up a little so as to not impede the flow of traffic.

7. Uh....no. You almost got in an accident because you weren't paying attention. 20mph or not, it is still YOUR responsibility to watch out for other drivers. Especially when they're, god forbid, driving legally (and you're breaking the law.) It's okay for her to go 20mph in a 40mph zone because IT'S UNDER THE SPEED LIMIT. Just because you find her to be holding you up doesn't mean she has to speed up, it means you have to slow down and/or safely pass her. Yes, people can and are cited for driving too slowly, but 20 in a 40 doesn't meet the criteria, at least not to anybody with any sense in their head. 10 in a 40, sure, then it's just going too slow. But if you were *ahem* going the speed limit, you'd have way more time to react to things like slow drivers. Funny how that works out, driving more slowly being more safe. Who'da thunk??

And still, the "everybody else does it" argument doesn't hold water. It doesn't matter how many times you say it, it won't make it true. Sorry. It's called an Appeal to Popularity and is a logical fallacy. Look it up if you don't believe me.

8. Speeding is fine if your paying attention and know how to drive, I don't understand how you could of been doing 80 and not noticing a car coming in front of you. It wasn't a big speed difference so he could of not come out of nowhere. If it was at night and he didn't have lights that would be different.

9. I have a 2000 V6 Accord...that car was built to cruise at 80mph (or at least it feels like it to me). I know it's not an excuse but it's not like I was going 100 in a sportbike or something. Maybe I wasn't paying attention and it was my fault I agree. I feel sick to my stomach honestly...don't even want to drive for the next week (too bad it's finals week).

10. #30 Vard0n, May 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2010
    You are full of yourself and have no grasp of the outside world around you. The speed limits were set for tractor trailers in ideal conditions by the way, that is why they aren't strictly enforced or obeyed. You are an idealist douche bag, I find no intelligence what so ever in your argument, just circles of idiotic reason. If you don't have the thinking capacity to follow certain traffic laws commonly held as guidelines (like speed limits) as compared to traffic laws followed strictly (stop signs), then you shouldn't be allowed to drive. I am not saying that speeding is great and should be acceptable in large deviations, but, if you are following the speed limit on the nose in the left lane, you are an asshole and you are going to cause an accident.

To your last opportunist comment, I was comparing the legal status of each activity. You obviously have no reading comprehension whatsoever.

Just an extra note, I drive the speed limit, but I also drive in the right lane, so don't say I'm the problem. Have a nice day. Don't speed!

11. Just curious which lane where you driving in? I doubt someone was doing 50 on the fast lane.

Anyway, glad your safe and didn't damage your car. Learn from your misakes lolz .

12. nice old lady...

13. gosh hate when that happens lol.

14. [​IMG]

15. just please be safe on the road...
    ive had my share of times too...

16. dieing is very bad for your health

17. Was it in the dark? I speed a lot, but I am the most careful driver on the road when I do, if that's not too much of an oxymoron.. you know what I mean. At least you survived to share your story! Be careful man

18. Lol @ all these people giving the OP shit for speeding.

EVERYONE speeds....we all break that law.

Nothing is wrong with speeding IMO, as long as you can handle yourself. There are times to speed, and times not to speed.

I've been driving for over five years with 0 accidents, and 0 tickets. And I speed frequently. Just gotta know the spots where it is acceptable.

19. There are levels man...I'll admit sometimes I'll hit five ten miles over the speed limit, but twenty, and at night no less that's just reckless.

20. Gotta agree. When you drive recklessly like that, your not only putting your own life on the line, but other drivers as well.

To the OP: how would you feel if you had hit one of those other cars while spinning out, and caused someone to become a quadrapulegic for the rest of their life? How would you feel if YOU were driving within the limit and safely, when some reckless driver comes and hits you, causing you to become a quad? I know your probably already plenty shocked, but I hope this experience will guilt you, not scare you into becoming a safer driver.