Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Daily smoking = cant wake up early & lazy in the morning??!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by spikeystud88, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Ok, so I started smoking daily about 3 months ago. My GF and I will usually vape each day and get decently high (not totally blazed though). Anyways, I've noticed over the past few weeks that if my alarm goes off at 9am (no matter how many hours of sleep I got), I'll hit snooze and lay in bed like a lazy ass until 9:30 or even 10:00. It's happened consistently each day! Does anyone else notice this problem? Think it's ganja-related? Thanks blades :D!

2. smoked daily for over 2 years now id say, and i woke up at 7:30 this morning after going to bed at midnight...

3. It's not ganja related.
    I smoke daily out of a bong.
    I wake up anywhere from 7am to 10am.
    No alarm.

4. I've always been a heavy sleeper (aka need at LEAST one alarm, maybe 2)...but I could always wake up on time. Since smoking that has seemed to change. I'm not saying it's related to the ganja, just trying to figure out what IS causing it!

5. Hey I'm kinds glad you posted this becuase I'm having a similar problem,

I have always been a heavy sleeper, but latly I haven't been getting much sleep then I wake up late and it still sometimes happens when I get more sleep.

Any idea why this is??

6. Yeah, that's the main thing that's bothering me: I'm getting 7-9 hours of sleep each night, and my alarm is set (for example) for 9am. It goes off, I wake up, I turn it off, and roll back over. Also the EXACT same thing is happening to my GF. Maybe going to sleep high messes with it?

2 nights ago we smoked quite a bit, and whenever I woke up I was definitely still high (after like 8 hours sleeping). Could that have any effect on it?

7. Yes going to sleep high will almost definitly make you burnt out, so if your hugh ends but your bored and not ready for sleep, just have a very little bit to calm you for bed.

If I go to sleep like higher then my usual I wake up feeling tired no matter what.

8. Try this. I used to do this to until i realized that I was sleeping to much at night. if i got 6-7 hours of sleep when my alarm would go off i would get right out of bed. if i slept more like 8-10 hours i'd feel grogy and not wanna get up. try setting your alarm for earlier. see if that helps.

9. I've noticed having a more difficult time waking up but once I'm up, I'm up

10. I would agree that going to bed straight blazed makes me wake up tired and groggy. I find that a tiny hit in the mornings wakes me up pretty good though. I suggest if you smoke at night don't smoke up to two hours before you go to sleep, and try taking 1 small hit when you wake up, just enough to get you a good buzz with that morning coffee :smoking:

went to sleep last night at like 1am, woke up this morning at 7am and hit the gym, now im off to work!

11. Perhaps its your diet? all those munchies aren't giving your body enough energy, that or your not using enough energy during the day. idk, just a suggestion.

12. Ever since I've started smoking daily, I went from naturally waking up at 11am or later every morning, to not being able to stay asleep past 9am. I find that after smoking the night before I wake up better too. If I were you I would smoke sooner in the day, I hate going to bed unless I'm either sober or coming down from my high. I also suggest you go to sleep earlier and see what happens.

This could just be because my tolerance is pretty high, I used to not be able to stay awake after not smoking, but even then, if I needed to stay up I'd just smoke less.

13. that happened to me when i first started smoking regularly every day, i was soo lethargic in the morning and i'd sleep in an extra few hours. i thought i was just going to have to either live with it or quit smoking so i decided to live with it. now i've been smoking steady for a couple years and i wake up just as good i used to before i started! i've either built up enough of a tolerance that it doesn't affect my sleeping habits anymore, or i'm so used to it i don't even notice it haha.

14. I have been smoking daily for a good long while now and I am more of a morning person than I have ever been before. Smoke a bowl 30 minutes before bed and about 20 minutes after I wake up and I feel very refreshed on as little as 6 hours, which has never been enough for me.

15. #15 FCFondler, Mar 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2010
    1) IMHO baking n sleeping < waking n baking
    2) it's called a circadium rhythem
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    3) I'm on a t-break and i take this before mystical meditation
    [​IMG]

Ganjika = Herb of the Goddess
    [​IMG]