Daily ~Feel Good~ Tips

Discussion in 'General' started by Virtue 7, May 11, 2011.

1. Good Morning Blades & Bladies! Everyone have their good breakfast yet? :D

"Some people automatically associate morality and altruism with a religious vision of the world. But I believe it is a mistake to think that morality is an attribute only of religion. We can imagine two types of spirituality: one tied to religion, while the other arises spontaneously in the human heart as an expression of love for our neighbors and a desire to do them good."

Don't you just love ORANGES

[​IMG]

One of my favorite fruits! Super great when you're all stoned and looking for something to eat.. and a lot healthier than a bag of chips.

Orange is Beneficial in the following cases :

Asthma
    Bronchitis
    Tuberculosis
    Pneumonia
    Rheumatism
    Prevent kidney stone
    Helps lower cholesterol
    Helps prevent diabetes
    Arthritis
    High blood pressure

WOW! That's a lot of different things that some oranges can help, right? ;) Try and *squeeze* a few into your day today to help you ~feel good~

2. Keep a scheduled and regimented lifestyle.

It seems corny but it really helps your mental health to live such a way. Good mental health leads to good physical health.

Stretch after you exercise.

A healthy sex life can do wonders for depression.

Edit: watch your salt intake. Many of us consume far too much sodium.

3. word. people need to watch that salt, for sure!

4. Agreed. I've eaten McDonald's for two meals today. :(

5. Whenever something bad happens, think to yourself. "It could be worse", and in many cases it CAN infact be much, much worse. Be thankful for your family and friends and live in the moment, but plan for the future.

Dont let herb run your life.

6. You are what you eat. A little planning goes a long way, eating healthy never happens by accident.

Your body is precious. Treat it with care.

7. More tips like this please..

8. Happy Friday Everyone! Anybody squeeze some oranges into their diet? :)

"As human beings we possess determination and intelligence, the combination of which offers many opportunities. It is important to direct our intelligence with good intentions. Without intelligence, we cannot accomplish very much. Without good intentions, the way we exercise of our intelligence may have destructive results"

Camellia Sinensis.... Also known as... TEA! :D

[​IMG]

One of my favorite things in life is tea. It's h20 combined with the earth and it's so good for you :) And there's so many types and flavors, I'm sure anyone could find one that's right for them.

Try drinking tea at least once a day.

Your benefits? I'm glad you asked!

antioxidants
    Tea can lower stress hormone levels
    Tea fights cavities and reduces plaque.
    Tea may reduce the risk of stroke and heart attack
    Tea can help lower blood pressure.
    Tea aids your body in digestion
    Tea may help prevent diabetes.
    Tea can help beat bacteria.
    Tea aids your immune defenses.

I could sit here all day long listing reasons why for you to drink tea. I'll just skip it and suggest you pick some asap. How many things in your diet do the things that were just listed? ;)

9. Sometimes I think to hard... Don't let one situation alter ur days plan of being happy and positive - Lil B

10. I've only tried a few different teas, but they all tasted disgusting (with the exception of Brisk :p ). Any suggestions?

11. Try Yerba Mate with honey. It also has an alkaloid like caffeine that makes you feel great, without the stomach upset and jitters that can occur with caffeine.

12. Honestly the best way is smoking some weed :smoke:

But I cant do that atm, in Europe with my family.. they keep raging like daaaaaamn.

Nothing to contribute just wanted to bump this thread, its a great thread :)

13. Lots of people like Earl Grey. Not my choice, but maybe you can try some of those? My favorite brand is Tazo.

I'd suggest a green tea from them. If you're not liking the taste of tea I'd suggest using tea to make it sweet. Another cool sweetener I've found are these things called Sun Crystals https://www.suncrystals.com/

They have tons of teas and herbal teas (which isn't really tea). My favorite herbal tea is Tazo Passion

[​IMG]

Lots of different herbs for different benefits :D

and you can make it a really tasty drink, too. I like it how it is already, but the flavor is really tart. After steeping it, let it cool. Add ice, and a sun crystal package.. ah.. sooo fresh :cool:

14. Thanks for the suggestions! I'm quite addicted to caffeine(I get free fountain drinks at work, so it doesn't help that I'm constantly drinking mountain dew at work AND at home), and I feel like I should change my diet soon. I'll pick some up at the store over the weekend and let you guys know how it goes. :p

15. If tea isn't sweet enough/doesn't taste good enough, have something salty to go along with it to make it seem much sweeter in comparison. I like to have a bowl of homemade popcorn with mine. =]

Don't take a swig of coke before you drink tea, just ruins it imo, makes it seem so bland because sodas are so in-your-face sweet.

Fucking exercise, get out and do shit.

Also, if you're in a co-op or whole foods look for the bottled tea called Honest Tea. It's sooo good.

16. i think when most people say they dont like tea its because they arent preparing it right

you never boil water for your tea. its to hot and will make it taste bitter. in a pan just heat the water until you start to see bubbles on the bottom. dont bring it to a boil

steeping it should be done as the box says, except for green tea. i have seen some boxes say you should steep it for 6-8 minutes. 1-3 is enough to keep it from getting bitter. if you like stronger tea use 2 tea bags, dont just extend the steeping time

just some middle eastern tea secrets from me to you haha

17. Green Tea = :love:

18. So! I for sure missed yesterday. I was crazy busy. haha.. But, that was then and this is now.

Good morning blades and bladies! Hope everyone's Friday the 13th went well :wave:

At a fundamental level, as human beings, we are all the same; each one of us aspires to happiness and each one of us does not wish to suffer. This is why, whenever I have the opportunity, I try to draw people's attention to what as members of the human family we have in common and the deeply interconnected nature of our existence and welfare.

[​IMG]

Looking for something fun to do? By yourself? With family? Maybe your dog? Then get outside and go hiking! :D

Did you know a 20 minute walk can improve your vision and increase your mood for the better by 10%.. Sometimes more! Now imagine what an hour long hike could do for you. Not to mention, the beautiful sites you'd see and all that exercise you'd be getting.

Try to make at least ONE day this week to set aside and take a hike. Make sure to pack plenty of water for yourself and whoever may be going. You'll want to bring some snacks to. I'd recommend nuts and fruits :D Be safe if hiking on a mountain. And never leave your trash behind.