Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dad's Stress

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by nirvey101, Apr 23, 2006.

1. I've noticed lately that my dad has been really stressed out with his job. I'm moving out next year (18, senior) and I know that my dad used to smoke weed when we lived in portland oregon. I know that when i'm really stressed out and I smoke a bowl or a J the stress just seems to go away. Do you think it'd be a good idea if i asked him if he wanted to smoke with me some time? I think he kinda knows that I smoke- he's mentioned it before- its like he doesnt mind but my mom would fuckin kill me if she found out (again, been caught once). What do you guys think? what would be the best way to approach the subject with my dad?
    BTW- he still has a small stash- but it hasnt changed in years...

2. you know your father better then anyone man. tell him about your concerns and then bring it up if you dont think he willl mind. as long as he does not freak out the worst thing he can say is no. good luck.

3. I don`t know...if he has problems at work then weed wouldn`t help much. He is a grown up man, let him solve his problems by his own

4. You gotta set the stage man, or at least that' show I would do it. Open up the discussion, find a shared positive view-point, solidify his acceptance it as a stress reliever, then casually suggest that, well dad, maybe you should just relax and smoke a bowl.

5. good ideas guys, thanks for your help so far :)

6. i actually really discovered a lot about my dad making those long (2hr) drives to college when we would come back from a weekend back at home. I actually found out that my dad did smoke quite a bit of pot in college and still occasionally does when he goes away on those "fishing trips" with his buddies...he knows i do it too.... although i think it would be a cold day in hell before i ever sparked a J with my dad lol

FLEX

7. I would love to smoke with my dad...that would be some good father/son bonding.

8. Wait till you and him are the only one home, have a j already rolled up. Go in the backyard and yell for your dad to come out quick! He will run outside, and see you with a lit joint in your mouth and pass that shit to him and say I have seen you visibly stressed and want you to relaxxxxx

9. hahahaha that made me crack up.

he comes and he's like 'whatre you doing!?' youre like QUICK! TOKE IT! TOKE IT! COME ON COME ON PASS PASS PASS!!!!!!! :hello:

10. So many people wish they could toke with their parents and although I wish they'd chill... I don't ever want to smoke with either of my parents. They're just not fun people to be around.

11. ^^^ Same here. My parents are not the type that you want to chill with. Trust Me.

12. ya if u kno he used to toke and hes lookin real tweaked out one day and ur moms not around.. be like dude here u need this .. hel lthank you

13. My dad used to smoke a lot, but he's grown now and since it's illegal, he doesn't touch it. Maybe in the future I will be able to convince him to chill for a bit.