Dabs with a lighter instead of a torch

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by sequinfox, Mar 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi! I have wax and a dab straw (nectar collector) but no torch and only a lighter. If I were to light the end of my nectar collector with my lighter instead of a torch would it still work to get a fat dab?

2. No, it won't get hot enough.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1

3. How old are you lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. old enough to buy wax legally lmao

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. 1hlgkw.jpg
    If you can buy wax legally then why haven't you got a torch ?

Most people who buy dabs have everything they need to dab lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Even if you get it hot enough, soot. No good OP get a creme brulee torch!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I don't usually get wax and my torch arrives from amazon in a week lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. Do you have a gas stove? If so, hold your nectar collector to the flame to get it hot enough for now until you get your torch in the mail.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. good idea thank you brother :)

10. old post but eh, not everyone is some super fuckin weed enthusiast that learns every little detail about weed and it's accessories. Some of us just started taking dabs, some just like to smoke and don't question or look into more about it. For a stoner you are one arrogant pos. Ease up next time to ppl maybe you can actually help someone... sry but that shit irked me

• Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. When I worked in the tobacco bizz, and glass and nectar collectors was a thing.
    Even I didn't know ass jack shit. And I was old school. I only smoked.
    But by the time I was done with the shop, the one thing I know was, no body I sold a nectar collector or dab rig to, used a fucking lighter, let alone thought it was okay to use one.
    And the smokers, like me, thought it was wild and fuckng crazy that people did this.

And now I do it. And never would I think a lighter could work.

NOW, I have heard of people putting dabs on flower, and lighting it up...that sounds like a waste.
    Or putting dabs/concentrate in a vaporizer (Like arizer, etc) and I know that works.

Then again, not everyone knows how combustion and heat works, let alone the substances that require these types of activators. But, the more you know....

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. I do this instead of dabbing. If you just tap the wax a few times itl melt into the weed, then when u light it u gotta cheif the bowl real quick due to its cherry, but it gets me high like a dab, without the "dab mouth" an tight chest feeling that I get from actual dabbing. Dab mouth is when u dab an ur teeth n lips get sticky from the dab probobly doing same to ur lungs.

13. Used to do this when we knew a farmer in CO years ago.

You can also train fingers/thumb/palm to cover the bowl and let the smoke put the cherry out. Lasts loads longer and no need to rush then

14. #15 CrazyLettuce, Dec 20, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
    lol I used to just put cherries out with my thumb when I was a teen, when I went on probation they had to scan it probobly 8 times before saying screw it thats the best its gonna get. I have no prints on the tip of one thumb, well I do if u look at it but I dont think there machine could pick it up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. #16 BrewsnWeed666, Jan 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2021

Lol what a waste of time Billy boy, enjoy having your disagrees taken back & ur reply edited/deleted for name calling :thumbsup:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. You should have spent the 5 minutes going to the store & buying some fuel then maybe you'd be high instead of bitching on an old thread Billy:thumbsup:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Do you not realize you’re also bitching on an old thread. You’re just as pathetic as he is LMFAO

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. #19 BrewsnWeed666, Feb 18, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    Cool story billy can you tell it me again?? Have you got time???

& If you want to talk about Pathetic you need to take a look in the mirror.. you made an account to bitch at me LMFAO.

19. & Your name also describes you perfectly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.