Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dabs and tolerance

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by NastyAsColeSlaw, Feb 26, 2015.

1. So I just moved to Cali and tomorrow I have my appointment to get my medical card 😁😁😁. Hopefully, I'll be able to make my first (legal) purchase of some of Cali's finest tomorrow. One thing that has me really interested however is dabs. I've never tried dabs before, and the stealth aspect interests me a ton. I've heard they can be really bad for your tolerance however, and I don't want to get to the point where I can't enjoy flowers. How often/should I approach dabbing so I don't completely destroy my tolerance? Thanks in advance.

2. Wax will definitely fuck with your tolerance, but only if you dab heavily. a dab every now and then won't hurt. tolerance relies on your cannabanoid receptors being "burned out" so to speak. I still smoke flowers, but only in joints and/or blunts.

3. My advise as a daily wax smoker, wait untill night time and smoke flower before, usually once i smoke wax i just wanna keep smoking wax lmao

Sent from my SM-G900T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. If you want to try wax and don't want to worry about your tolerance going up I would start with a pen for a while before going to a rig. If you start hitting a rig daily you will notice a big difference in your tolerance. If you hit a rig multiple times daily then you will increase your tolerance a lot, very, very quickly.
    In my opinion, smoke flower, and keep a rig and some wax on hand for when you want one of those blast off highs.

I smoke wax nearly daily but plan on switching back to flower and only dabbing if I can't sleep or when I'm with friends who dab exclusively.

5. i'm never gonna take wax man, the highest I'd go is oil. The last thing Id wanna do is become a regular dabber and lose the enjoyment that I currently get from joints and homegrown weed.. 

6. #6 All_Things_Heavy, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015
    I've dabbed all sorts of different grade wax, never tried Cali's but I have to give it to Colorado for the best dab IMO, I find if your buying dabs off the street it's not as good/worth the money and highly overrated, my theory is that it's a lot of home maid stuff and yes I know wax is man made but I feel it's a lot of guys making it and experimenting with different techniques trying to make a dollar on the new weed trend. I'm not saying anyone on here particular just from my experience in buying it/ smoking what friends have gotten.

My friend brought some back from Colorado and it was a whole different story, much more potent, better taste, smoother smoke, better high, ect.. I bought a gram. With all those good things in mind I also find it having just as much bad. What's awesome about dabs is the fact that in one hit you can take a blunt to the face and be high for hours, dosnt smell bad and it's a quick smoke if you need to be stealthy or are a nervous smoker. That like rush you get at first goes away after daily use and the dabs your taking get fatter and fatter and your tolerance will sky rocket. When I ran out of that gram I barely would even get high no matter how much weed I smoked and I ended up taking a t break.

Now ill take one occasionally With my friends and enjoy it, but I can also not be bummed about my morning bowl. I defiantly recommend trying it but not smoking wax everyday in my opinion

7. #7 Maxbudz, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015
    It depends in the high you want and if you will even like the dabbing experience. I dab more then smoke flower at this point. More bang for your buck. It's just the initial cost to get a rig, torch, pen, etc.

8. Yeah as other guy said, only smoke flower in Js or blunts.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. tolerance relies on frequency of smoking, so if you smoke a dab every couple of weeks its not gunna ruin your tolerance, only if every day you're dabbing. And even then some people dont really expirience a tolerance spike even if they dab daily.

• Like Like x 1