Dabber Setup to Fit on Standard Bong Stem?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by wampumswampum, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Hi Everyone!

I'm new here and I did a search first and came up with zilch, so here's my situation:

I'd like a bubbler / dabber (hope I'm using the right terminology!) setup but I'm impoverished.... :(

So, to that end, I'd ideally like to find something that will fit on my existing bong, which has what I would call a "standard aluminum bong stem", you know, the one that's about 5/16" wide, with a knurled top end, that accepts your standard 1-hit bowels, and a variety of others - this type of stem has been around since the 70's or so....

I don't know a lot about these setups, but my main goal is to:

1) not use direct flame

2) have the smoke go through water

I know that glass is the prefered material of choice, and I will use a glass dabber, but a metal bowl, even if it has a netal nail (not aluminum!) would work for me...

I'd even be willing to McGuyver something, so any / all suggestions are welcome!

Thanks in Advance!

2. Pic of your setup?Sent from my GT-S7560M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I not sure you can get a nail attachment for an old slide, it's usually a glass on glass setup. Oh wait I might have what u need gotta take a pic.  

I'm waiting for my camera to charge but in the meantime, the bong stem is like one of these (without the one-hitter on top):
    [​IMG]

5. I thought this might work but now looking at the pic of the metal bowls i don't think they can fit a glass bowl in it or can it ? havent seen one of those in like 6-7 years so im not sure, But if it does you could try to find a oil swing like the one in the pic and put a rubber washer to make air tight.

View attachment 133219
    View attachment 133218

I'm probably gonna have to lose the old bong... For one thing, I thought that you heated the *dabber*, not the nail but I just watched a youtube vid and can see that it's the other way around, which means that the bowl's gonna get heated *a lot*, and a plastic bong probably won't survive that....

7. The "dabber" you heat is called a hot hit wand.. its a real thing lol. But you are looking for something to smoke bho with right?