Da Blueprintz!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by celticweedlover, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Sounds like you're having a little better luck than me. I was working on my grow room in my closet and all of a sudden I got very dizzy (probably because I hadn't eaten in 3 days) and toppled over backwards... all in all I tore a nice chunk out of my Mylar, but I'm hoping to get back on track today... Although my "helper" doesn't seem to be able to come over much. It's always fun trying to staple down mylar and keep it smooth with one person.

I hope things go better for you CWL, keep up the good work. Can't wait for you to get your camera working so we can see this box of yours in progress!

Happy days are still around though... I started with 8 seeds in germ bags... lost 2. Put 6 in peat pots and set them on a tray in a slightly dark and warm place. Low and behold 5 out of the 6 so far have sprouted, and I mean like almost 3". I decided to put the 6th one out in her own little area and got ready to put the rest of the lucky ladies in 1 1/2 gallon pots. Lighting starts tomorrow :D

Ash23

2. LOL ........u got dizzy and fell over......
    Ive had some weird momentz myself...lol
    Im stoned right now and i keep picturing u with a drill and then collapsing on da floor... god im stoned lol
    what was the question?...lol im just messing around...lol
    good to hear bout the progress :)
    wot size grow u got planned?
    I only just realized today that i might be skimping on the fans
    I measured the fan (that i thought was bigger than that) and it was a tiny 5cm or sumtin? so i wired it up and its a bit noisier than it should be cos it seems to have previous
    damage and its un balanced and a bit shakey so i think im gonna have to find a new fan,while im waiting on that i can work on the electrics and stuff cos im very paranoid about
    burning da house down with a stupid mistake or sumtin!
    Its addictive building a growbox aint it, its all i think about really at the moment, got some cool ideas as well ill show yee as soon as i fix my cam, i think the card is damaged...gotta get a new one i suppose...just another thing to hand out money for...isnt life great :) lol
    Anyway thats it for now till i fix my cam so i should have a pic by thursday, hopefully earlier,
    CWL

3. So this is the top panel with the lights and reflectors fixed in place.
    4 26w 6400k bulbs,They look like they were made especially for growing lol,

Attached Files:

4. Here they are from another angle!

Attached Files:

5. This is the top of the top panel! Theres 1 transformer for each light bulb!
    There you can see the hole for the exhaust fan.Bit small? yep i know, im workin on it! The electromagnetic ballasts are not earthed in this pic, I only done that a few minutes ago.All the electronics are going to be around the exhaust hole as shown.Timers...etc, Then ill put an elevated cover on top.Still have to wire up the 4 Cfl's for side lighting.

Attached Files:

6. Heres a single ballast, they kinda make a whining high frequency noise as well,nothing huge but sumtin to be remembered....

Attached Files:

7. My god, this thing gives off a fair bit of light, thats wot 104w of flouro's looks like
    so i guess, This pic has the auto-filter on i think so it adjusts automatically to light intensity, screws around wit da pic.This pic was taken in the daytime around 10am or so next to a window, that light is intense....

Attached Files:

8. Heres another pic with the automatic brightness on, u can actually see the intense field around the bulbs and then slowly fading lower,pretty bright stuff

Attached Files:

9. and again this is daytime lol,

Attached Files:

10. thats a beautiful job with those reflectors.... and i like the little known secret of direct wiring the CFLs ;).... i usually do the same thing when i need alot of lights in there (the damn sockets cost almost as much as the bulbs...)

11. very nice setup CWL! I look forward to smokin with you :)

I am upset with myself... I started growing and now found out that I have to move out in 3 weeks :( For those of you wondering why, it's because I still live at home with the parents. My mom is ok with everything I do, and my dad is kinda left outta the loop because he's an asshole who doesn't even claim me as his own son. To make a long and stupid story short... 3 weeks and I'm screwed. Yay! :( *sarcasm* This pretty much means I will have wasted 5 weeks of growing, $200 worth of grow supplies, and not to mention not having a place to go.

Ah well, I knew something stupid would happen that would make it so I couldn't grow... I always have this type of luck.

Keep up the good work CWL... atleast yours will survive. Also in 3 weeks I won't have the internet so I can't keep up to date... so make this 3 weeks good CWL :D Peace!

Ash23

12. Man dats harsh! sorry to hear da bad newz ash, i hope to cya growin' soon ;)
    Ya hippie dats a cool wy to save on light sockets,
    Went shopping and i picked up an 8cm fan with heatsink for 10 euro,
    Found a transformer a while ago which works well, its meant to give off 41db at 12v and 4800rpm so im runnin it at 6v to half the noise.
    Got some ideas to mount the exhaust fan as well to minimise noise.
    Im gonna enclose the fan unit to muffle noise, and use rubber bands to suspend it in place.ill post a pic again soon.any ideas/comments?
    CWL

13. just be sure that the other end of the fan box has a hole larger in diameter than the fan... so you have no backdraft from the breeze hitting a ledge...

14. Ya i have dat one sorted too!
    I cut out a rubber seal which will be placed between the fan and the top panel.
    On each mounting hole on the fan, i put a screw in but not into the rubber.
    On the top panel im gonna put 4 hook screws and place rubber bands from the
    fan screws to the hook screws.That should stop any vibrations between the fan
    and the wood.Then around that im gonna put a 'muffler' to kill the noise to a
    reasonable level, and then the diameter of the hole gradually gets wider to the vent out pipe which will be venting outside.So the vibrational noise is sorted, the
    fan has an air tight seal with the box,The running noise of the fan 'should' be
    lessened daramastically too.
    So the main lights are fixed and working perfectly, im gonna wire up the fan
    power supply tonight and get it ready to be installed.
    I still have to wire up the Cfl's for flowering,I was thinking about removing the
    ballasts from the fixtures themselves to reduce heat again, i dunno if im gonna
    do it though cos its too much hassle really, still thinking about it though...........
    ........Hmm! stop putting ideas into my head hippie!! lol
    Still gotta cut out the intake holes and attach the door,Seal the door,Install the
    timer for the lights, and a few other minor extras as well, almost finished!
    So any ideas/comments,dont hesitate to post!
    CWL

15. Heres a pic of the flouro' floodlights i ripped apart,worked out well!
    CWL

Attached Files:

16. Heres a pic of the 12v fan, u can see the screws in each corner.
    CWL

Attached Files:

• fan.jpg
      fan.jpg
      File size:
      87.9 KB
      Views:
  17. Heres a pic of the power supply im gonna use for the fan.its 6v so it should "in theory" half the noise from 42db to 21db which is fairly quiet, ive tested it out already and it seems to run a lot quieter with loads of suction still.Im gonna muffle the noise further as explained in a previous post, so it should be fairly quiet!
    CWL

Attached Files:

18. Sorry bout the quality of the pics, dunno wots wrong really, think the lens might need a clean or sumtin....heres the rubber seal that will be sandwiched between the wooden top panel and the exhaust fan to stop vibration through the wood.
    CWL

Attached Files:

19. got any pictures of the outside of the box, like in a well lit room.. thats looks like a nice looking little setup :)

20. Ill post pics of the whole box in the next few days!
    Got a good bit of work done today, I have the Main lights wired up and earthed as well.I ripped the timer apart to the minimum and screwed it down to the top panel, I have the main lights wired to it now and ill have to wire up the side lighting when i put em in.I have the DC power supply for the exhaust fan installed as well.I Finally picked up that flexible ducting today but when i opened up the packet its then i noticed that its only covered with a thin white plastic.To try and fix the problem, im gonna spray it black or cover it in a heavier material thats light proof and that will dampen the sound as well.So all my electric devices are on the very top of the box as planned, and the ventilation system is almost finished too.Everything is going together great,Hopefully all the time and money i spent building this set-up will reward me come harvest time!
    CWL