D-Day, June 6,1944

Discussion in 'Politics' started by garrison68, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Tomorrow is the 70th anniversary of D-Day, one of the most important dates in the history of modern warfare.  Let us not forget the great sacrifices that our military withstood, nor those who gave their lives in this monumental battle.   

2. 160,000 troops on one beach holy shit that's insane.  And they walked right into the Germans with a heightened bunker advantage and MG42's.  That battle must of been insane.  Saving Private Ryan did a great job of portraying it, but I can't even imagine what it was Really like.  

Hats off to the troops who fought and died.

3. I didnt know hitler had crack troops.

Its hard enough getting a crack head to commit to something

4. #4 forty winks, Jun 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2014
  5. You may be more right than you know.
    I read somewhere that the Germans invented crystal meth to combat pilot fatigue!

6. It was the largest naval operation in history and probably ever.

7. A day to honor some real heroes.

8. that was cocaine and it was japanese kamikaze pilots

9. Didn't the USA give pilots spee stimulants for those long long missions relatively recently?

10. We seriously turning a d-day thread on the 70th anniversary about a topic we cant discuss on grasscity????

smhsmhsmh

11. dont act like there's more than a handfull of people here that have any sort of intelligence to offer.

You are involved in what I was just saying though...

13. I guess that was my fault, oops my bad, sorry, no more discussion of it.

14.  I have 2 warning points, I'm kind of a badass!  :smoke:

15. #15 AugustWest, Jun 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2014
    an uncle of mine was on one of the first dozen or so boats that landed on Normandy.. he died about 10 years ago, but man he had some fucking stories..
    crazy how people were all about serving their country and whatnot back then.. they couldn't wait to go to war.

thankfully we have internet now and people are a bit more informed, and not rushing out to go bomb folks like back in the day.

16. oh for fucks sake....its one thing to discuss using a dealing drugs its a completely other discussion to talk about its history and how it was used in WW2 as a stimulant just like caffeine.

17. I agree they're different, and that'd I'd like to discuss certain things such as this, but I was highly under the impression it's zero tolerance...

18. #19 *ColtClassic*, Jun 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2014

This is what we should really be celebrating - that some of the most violent episodes in human history are behind us, and that with enough effort and active resistance towards militarism we can deprive the war machine of willing participants.

Statistically, the world is getting more peaceful. Let's hope people embrace peace in the future, no matter how easy it is to resort to violence in desparate times.