Cyclone Pre-Rolled Cones... thoughts & opinions?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Kevster89, Jan 8, 2010.

1. I like to smoke cyclones because they are extremely cheap (can get a tube of 2 for .99 at the local cigar store) and come as pre-rolled cones, with a packing tube. I'm sure some of you are familiar with these, as I know they are getting very popular due to costing essentially the same as blunt wraps and the convenience factor behind using them.. especially when in a time crunch.

I like to smoke a type of Cyclone called a "Hyphy." It's advertised by Cyclone as extra slow burning, which is definitely true compared to normal blunts (zig zags, for instance). They barely burn when not taking drags.. which is sick.

Any thoughts on these Hyphy's? They are gettin real popular around here..

I've also smoked a few clear Cyclones, which are made out of "Asiatic Cotton Mallow." The blunt wrap feels somewhat "plastic-y", so I was wondering if these were worse for you to smoke bud out of than normal blunt wraps. Any idea??

Thanks for the thoughts and opinions.. :wave:

2. yeah I like the slow-burning ones, you should try the 2 other flavors Urban Assault and Stealth. I really dislike the regular Cyclones though they burn wayyyy too quick. the clear ones shouldn't be any worse for your health than the tobacco leaf ones are...

3. I love cyclones. I used to order 24 packs of them, there are tons of sites where you can mix and match your case and buy it for 13-15$. I had to do this because only one place in a 30 mile radius of me either way carried them and they didn't have the slow burning ones most of the time, which are my favorite.

4. just picked up one of the stealth ones yesterday, I have never tried them out will be soon. I prefer rolling tho as thats have the fun of a blunt

5. i hate the taste of cyclones, especially the stealth, when it gets like 3/4 of the way through

6. Cyclones suck ass, there is what I think. They taste like shit near the end and dont they have the same paper near the end as a black and mild? I always thought that this looked a million times better, never used one though Rollmate (TM) - Dutch - Grasscity.com

7. they are quality wraps, but it takes away the pleasure of rolling it yourself. I'd rather split and twist something v. packing it in a pre-rolled cone. Besides, I can roll something much quicker than I can pack it.

8. i used to buy these, but when they get low, they always go out. and now i can only find the ones where they give you two little ones, and those barely stay lit at all haha.

9. way back in the day, we started rolling the tobacco out of wood tip black and milds and packing them with bud, instead of cutting and rolling them. it keeps a perfect shape, the tip stays on perfectly, and it looks like a normal black, so we dubbed it the ninja.
    when cyclones came out i was familiar with packing(not that its complicated) and started trying all different flavors, and have yet to stop.
    before trying the clear ones(id been wanting to try clear wraps for days anyway) i looked it up, and the prince of pot himself wrote an article on them.
    http://www.rollingpapers.net/CC-Article-On-Rolling-Papers.pdf
    they dont produce anything normal wood or tobacco dont, so they are in fact as safe as a blunt. a friend of mine saw me packing one once and started yelling at me for smoking plastic lmao.
    but my favorite is the sugar cane wrap with the wood tip. sometimes you get a poorly wrapped POS, but its worth it when you dont. theres one per tube, and theyre ridiculously slow burning, especially if you grind your product ridiculously fine. ive always been a fan of earthy flavors like normal cigar wraps, and these are delicious to me. i highly recommend giving one a try.

tl;dr cyclones are a good value, a good mode of smoking, and overall delicious and win IMO.