CVS Minute Clinics: The free market solution to Heathcare?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ProvidencePlant, Aug 19, 2012.

1. CVS

I think so.

2. Giving flu shots and some Rx's for sore throats and infected sinus conditions is fine - but that is about all they do and it isn't even the tip of the iceberg of what many people in this country need but do not have affordable access to. Hopefully, this will change in 2014.

3. I use cvs minute clinic all the time. My employer struck a deal with them that I have zero co-pay for their services. Yea for voluntary relationships!

4. Minute clinics FTW. My work provides health insurance (pretty good stuff according to my broker buddy) and I still use the minute clinics as they are faster and cheaper. But like Garrison said they are only good for minor things.

5. Complete Vaccination Service for herd immunity!

Corporate Veterinary Service for herd simplicity!

CIA Vetting Service collecting dna for herd identity!

I'll stick with my diet, and my naturopath, thank you.

Moo for the nice nurse when she sticks you.:D

6. I have a sneaking suspicion that Minute Clinic gets payed to push certain medications over others. (yes I am aware pharmaceutical reps are constantly pushing and bribing doctors offices and hospitals to prescribe their meds but for the most part doctors usually prescribe the proper meds)

I say, go to your local family clinic if you just need to go get a anti-biotic prescription or some shit.. don't fuck with the corporate bullshit..

7. Cool boss. My boss is an asshole, I was injured at work recently, (Ran over by a go cart). he told me I could either go to the doctor on his dime and be fired the next day or just pay for it out of my own pocket (I make min. wage). So fuck him, I was his best employee by far, and now I'm biding my time, putting out minimal effort while I find another job.

8. That sucks, no workers rights on your state? If you were here in CA and your boss pulled that shit you could sue the shit out of him.