Cutting top off flowering plant?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Cheif Keef, Oct 29, 2013.

1. #1 Cheif Keef, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2013
    greetings from Colorado :]

Hi everyone I started growing some random bagseed a friend gave me just for shits and giggles on september 7th but now I have 4 plants one of which is HUGE like 1 ft with 4 big colas thats flowering but my question is on the other three I have which are 4 inch - 6 1/2 inches tall that I HAD flowering...
    but I decided since they all turned out to be female
    I might aswell veg them till they get big.

But its been several days on 24/0 and the top nodes still have these bud sites so I was wondering if I could top that part which has the bud starting to form and then put it in rooting gel and then in some fox farms so that i can flower that bud part. would you agree with me on this? do you need pics?

p,s ill be having a new thread on my 1 foot monster plant that was grown only from cheap walmart soil (vigoro organics) and every now and then watered it with miracle grow tomato food & i'm telling you I think anyone can have a monster plant like mine// ;p; :bongin:

2. How long were they in flower for, you able to show pics?

3. Your good to go as long as thevplants are big enough

4. I had them in flower for about a week and a half all 3 showed female and little bud sites now I took them and put them on 24/0 for about a week and it still smells dank and it looks like the bud sites are growing// wtf? I got pics but its gonna take like 20 minutes if you guise want them

5. #5 Cheif Keef, Oct 29, 2013
    so just to clarify if I top 1 of the females can I use the cutting part that has the bud sites as a clone and put it directly into flowering and gets some bud? Could things get screw'ey since I had it in flower then in veg for a week then back in flower?

also if I do nothing to 2 of them will the bud sites eventually go away since I have it on 24/0? or what?

6. Where do you think they would go?

7. I am no expert on this as I have never done anything like it but from what I have read on here I think you should leave them for and just veg. They will stop budding a go back to veg growth.

My grow is like yours with only a 10" female just grew a random seed like yours. Get some pics up would be good to see.

This is mine. She is outdoors.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

8. #8 Cheif Keef, Oct 29, 2013

damn yours looks really good for bagseed

im uploading the pics now btw

9. @[member="Yabasis"] can you upload some more pics? or you got a grow log going?

10. #10 Cheif Keef, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2013
    pics the big plant was vegged for 2 months and has been in flower for less than 4 days its exactly 12' from base but its kinda at an angle because I was lst'ing alot but now im not .... honestly I cant believe how healthy this plant is looking for being such a newbie.. I have fox farms now but the bucket this thing is in is oddly shapped and it already has a ton of roots all over so its staying in that cheap walmart soil.

Attached Files:

11. Looking good. Yeah I have literally just came outside for a smoke and here are 2 of her now. I never done a journal, I will for my next grow.

Attached Files:

12. Another :)

Attached Files:

13. #13 Cheif Keef, Oct 29, 2013
    @[member="Yabasis"] wowwowowow I can only hope I get something like that.. how long did you veg, what size pot & how much you think you will yeild? and do you have any pics before flower? thanks =] what do you think of mine??

14. taking a rip now to :hippie:

15. It was probably about 4 weeks veg max. I fucked up at first with drainage issues. I only expect to get maybe 8-10 grams after drying. The buds are quite thick. She is in about a 25L pot, I only use organic nutes and to be honest I feee at every water. I didn't monitor Ph before and has never seemed an issue either. Here is a pic when she first started to flower.

The picture in the white pot was taken on the 16/08 and the other 2 on the 26/08.

Yours are looking nice, much much bigger than mine so you should get more than me. Do you know what hours of light you are currently getting day/night.

Attached Files:

16. 26/08

Attached Files:

17. 26/08

Attached Files:

18. 10/10

Attached Files:

19. 24/10

Sorry for all the posts on my phone and won't let me add multi photos for some reason.

Attached Files:

20. #20 Cheif Keef, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2013
    no prob... so you do 24/10 for flowering? I have my plant on a 12/12 light cycle which I thought was the best to do? Haha our grows seem so similar hope we both get some dank. ! hope I get 2 oz :metal:

when you gonna harvest that plant? how many weeks flower?