Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cutting out the middleman

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ikana, Apr 7, 2013.

1. I've been smoking for a while now but I have always gotten my bud from a friend. It was nice at first but I would rather just purchase it directly from his dealer. Sometimes I notice my bags seem a little short, or is a lot of shake. But the several times I went with him to actually pick up, it is almost always a solid "regular" nug. It doesn't happen all the time, but enough to make me notice.

What's the best way of asking for him to just let me pick up from his connect myself? I don't want to make it seem like he is doing anything wrong since he's my friend and my only real way into the scene. I've never had to buy from a actual dealer before either though so I'm also sort of nervous about that, but I really hate the inconvenience about having to wait, often 1-2 days.

2. Go in with your friend a few times so the dealer will recognise you, once you know the dealer a bit ask your friend for his number and If he doesn't give you it ask the dealer for it in person.
    Make sure you are ALWAYS there when the weed is bought, if you're not someone WILL fuck you over, common sense really.

3. You definitely don't want this. He is for sure smoking your bud, atleast a little. Do you know his dealer at all? If you don't know him well, next time you go with your friend to pick up a bag just ask the guy for his phone number, and tell him you have a big order. He well be more than inclined to give you his number knowing he will make more money.

4. I know but he was originally a friend of a friend and so we didn't really have a lot of history so I just figured if wait a while til it seems better. I don't buy A LOT anyways so it's not like I'm buying an oz and he's skimping me like half of it. It's more of like I buy 3-4 gs and he takes a small nug or something (maybe, not sure maybe it was dealers fault, I've gotten some good sized hookups from my friend though too)

5. I had the same problem. The ONLY reason your friend picks up your weed is because he smokes a bit of it. You're probably green to smoking so he knows you won't know what a full 1/8 or 1/4 looks like just by eye balling. There's no reason for him to not give you the guys number unless he likes smoking free bud, and really who doesn't? Anyway, you should probably find another dealer and just go around your friend entirely or grow a pair and ask him for the number.

6. One time when you know your friend can't hang out with you, ask him for the dealer's number so you can pick up some bud for yourself.

If he's a good friend, he'll give you the number. But then again, he is stealing your weed, sooooo...

7. Not 100% he is though but yeah I'll try that eventually

8. more friends = more weed

just go out and meet moar peeps and youll find more and better hook ups along the way

9. oh and to answer your question, save up for like an oz or a half oz a larger quantity and ask your friend to take ya up there or w/e, and when you guys run in just casually ask the dude if its cool you get his number...your just another costumer so yall both doing each other a favor

10. Ok but I will have to wait a while then cuz I'm just a student and don't have a lot of cash at once

11. Well for one, get a scale so you know what you're buying is not skimped.

Secondly, wait until next time you go to that dealers house and try to have a conversation with the dealer if you can, try to get on an acquaintance level where he knows you and maybe even a friendly level. At the end of the deal, ask the dealer something like, "Hey, would you mind giving me your number?"
    If your friend asks why and says something about how he can get you the nug just tell him it's inconvenient sometimes and how he doesn't have to go through the trouble to get you nug. If he's not skimping your sacks, him getting you weed whenever isn't profitable for him, and him not having to do it would be a pro for him.

And also, if you decide to get a scale, which is really easy and cheap ($10-20) and you notice that your friend skimped your sack one day, call him and ask him about it. If he says he didn't touch it ask him to buy from the dealer to see for sure. It's not really being a dick, you're the victim here.

12. The connect has gotta know you first, go in with your friend a few times and just tell the connect you wanna cop directly from him

13. So scales in head shops are 10-20 ish? I was going to buy a replacement stem and bowl for my bong anyways. Do you happen to know the price of those too?

14. Just ask for his number when you say you need to pick up quick some day.

And how to act with a dealer depends on how he operates. if he's laid back and chill. just treat him like a friend. hang out with him, And if you ask if he wants to match a few bowls, he might.
    If he's up tight, just comply to whatever he wants, Be on time, Be clear. All that.

15. I hated that shit man. Finally found a couple buddies who grow and been living the good life ever since.

Just start askong around on your own. Friends or party goers always have good hookups :)

16. I am kinda in the same spot man I have to go through someone and he is not reliable at all. I also do not hit clubs or bars so its hard to just meet up with a ton of people who smoke as I am in the older 30+ crowd. ( Not saying 30+ dont party just not me ) Good luck on your situation I am hunting for a grower also so I can cut out all the BS games.

17. you mean leave out the guy you get the weed from, and go right to where he gets it?

i've thought the same thing but I'm a little afraid to ask. I think, the more distance i can mantain from illegal activities, the better.

18. Then stop smoking weed...

19. Yea dude just ask the dealer in person for his number. 90% of the time he will be cool with you having it, especially if you bought it from him before. REAL TALK lol

20. Fuck your friend dude. Having smoked for 7+ years, your friend is hardly a "friend" if he's taking your weed. Next time you go over, when you buy your weed, ask to smoke a bowl with the dealer. This then gives you a "bonding" experience, and if the dealer is smart, he would want your dealer so he can make more money. Sorry your friend is fucking you dude, no one needs that shit. I'd suggest you buy a scale for like 20 bucks that way you know your not getting screwed