Customer Experience Design (CX) for Cannabis?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Business and Industry' started by BettyM, Apr 3, 2019.

?

Did you know what Customer Experience Design was before this thread?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Potato

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. You'll see the words "Customer Experience" and you'll pass it by without a second thought. But...what really is customer experience and how is it relevant to cannabis retail?

Customer experience design (CX) is a methodology of strategy and research. It is an iterative and transformative process. Who are your customers? Where are they coming from? What do they like and dislike? How do you test and optimize your business process to make sure that your customer experience is a cut above the rest? From the interior design, to a text message, customer experience follows the entire buyer's journey.

It's a blend of design and data, using a scientific method of testing. For nerds like me that like good UI/UX design (user interface & user experience) and have a knack for data digging, it's a perfect marriage. We can now design with intent, through research.

I'd love for us to talk about the good, the bad, the ugly of our industry.
    -What's working for you?
    -Where do you want to see improvement?
    -How would you incorporate CX design into your business?

Let's chat below or even meet up in sunny Los Angeles!
    Cannabis CX - Customer Experience Workshops (Los Angeles, CA)

Upcoming CX Workshop (April 18, 2019):
    Intro to Cannabis CX: Designing Better Customer Experiences

10 Reasons why CX is important for Cannabis:

2. They could sell it out the back of a van and pummel me with hurtful insults, for all I care. I just want quality, and a fair price. I have no loyalty to any of the dispensaries. I use Leafly to find the products that I want at the best prices, although that site is becoming less useful.

3. Interesting take! So for you it is the quality of the product and the price? Does convenience factor into this too? Or are you willing to go out of your way to shop for the product that you want?

4. Good point. Yes, convenience is a factor. I wouldn't drive more than 20-30 minutes, but probably have 25 dispensaries within that range.