Custom grow boxes for sale? Would this business be possible? Give your opinion!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Business and Industry' started by Stroomz, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Hey GC was curious about the idea of building custom grow boxes for clients as a business. Not talking about those extremely expensive fancy metal boxes I've seen online that come ready to just plug in and go. I am thinking about smaller sized all wood boxes that the business owner would build for the client, help the client build it, give directions and all materials to do so on there own or give them guidance on how to build there own box. So it would follow anyone one or all of these methods and clients could chose whether they want just the box or the box with everything else they need (lights, pumps, filters, buckets etc.) does anyone think this could be a viable business?
    If so would it only work if the business was based in a state that is legal? Or would you think that it don't matter as long as the business owner has everyone sign a confidentiality agreement and he doesn't need to necessarily say the grow boxes are for Sweet Sweet ganja but for lovely tomato plants. I am not worried about anyone taking this idea on here because the idea has been out there already and everyone has there own way to leverage their company from others. So I am just looking for input on this as a plan, what you think would work or not work and this is very generally thinking. How would you go about this in concept? Thanks for any response I'll be your bestest buddy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. You mean to compete with the 5000 companies making them now ?
    also then compete with the DIY people ?
    Oh , yeah , a great idea . Also anybody who knows squat , knows to buy a tent rather than waste money on a piss poor grow box , just to end up buying a tent anyways .. Just IMO
    You're quite welcome for the reply .

• Like Like x 3
  3. I don't think it would be that booming of a business dude. Most people would rather do it themselves or just buy a growtent.

4. Yea you rite most people like to do the project themselves or if not usually they wimpy rich person who will buy the very expensive boxes that basically do everything for you. I just enjoy building these and thought would be cool to do for others but I guess mine wouldn't compete with the fancy ones I've seen.

• Like Like x 1
  5. And yea once I got a tent I was like why the fuck didn't I get a tent before?!?

6. Its a great project , but don't quit your day job . If you just want to make an occasional one great . I guess I am bitter because I fell victim to the complete grow your weed box hype . Paid way to much for a cheap ass box and cfl set up . I cringe when ever I think of it . Still have the box all intact . Now I have a tent and my advice is skip buying the box , buy a tent . Forget CFLs , get an LED or HPS .

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yea I know what you mean for the that box you wish you didn't buy just put it up on eBay or something and advertise it the way the company did so you bought it, prob get s little of your money back. As for my box I do have a tent as well but it does not fit in my current condo so I built the box just for my stay while I am here. I also have two LEDs one high quality 270watt and a low quality mars 300w. They work great but I think too strong for early phase of veg so I just use cfls for my start like the first two-three weeks. Here's a pic!
    [​IMG]

8. Not a good idea. It's cheaper, easier, and more effective to just set it up yourself in a room or with a tent or if you want a tiny stealth grow in a pc box even that isn't difficult to set up. But that's just my opinion and not to say that it's impossible.

9. Dude...don't feel that bad...they make, may i say, one hell of a tv stand!

I cut mine in half for 2 door action!

Attached Files:

10. I still need to cut a perm. Piece of weed and screw it into the middle. Sags otherwise haha.

My sovereignty doesn't fit which sucks monkey nuts. On the other hand, that thing has no damn reason to be in a cupboard!

11. Why an amazing capitalistic country we live in .... everyone wants there and in the cannibis cookie jar!!!! Love it

12. Its a good idea if you have a business model behind it. Just build boxes to sell as "one-off" wont get you very far.
    Even if there are 3209482380943 competitors and if its more cost-effective to DIY people will still buy stuff that is ready to go such as the box you suggested, but to make it out there you will more than the 'cute idea' you will need a 'cute execution' too.
    Leaf and Seedo are doing a great job at it.

13. wimpy rich people don't need to grow weed themselves LOL

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sir, what you have just described is a grow tent.

15. Hey practice at it and use your knowledge to build a real good one to grow from. Then use the crop for? You get it.

16. I'm am enjoying the entrepreneurship too. When is the last time we had a rush in America? They don't come around very often so I have been enjoying watching all the different start ups. I get bummed when I see the good green herb misunderstood through some business models but, I think there are some really great start ups that educate, make cottage businesses thrive, and serve a purpose like healing people.

I ran cannabis tourism for three years here in Colorado. I can write a book about all the interesting and surprising people we had show up for tours. It was an honor to educate people so they would have an understanding about all things weed from law to medicine. I have shifted more in to the medical marijuana side of things because I fully understand that cannabis is a medicine first and foremost. The "high" is just the nice side effect we all love so much. There is nothing better than to help people navigate the sometimes confusing world of medicinal cannabis especially when they are desperate to find something that actually bring people back to health.

• Like Like x 1