Custom Cabinet

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Chronitron, Sep 25, 2013.

1. I posted a thread earlier in the week about growing in my closet and have decided to just build a cabinet in my room instead.

It will be a 3.5'x3.5' cabinet built with 2x4 studs and Panda Film.
    I will be running 4 DWC buckets under a 600W HPS tube cooled bulb with a can fan on either end keeping the bulb cool. 
    There will be a 6" inline fan and 6" Big Air Carbon Filter for smell.
    I will be running either House and Garden (provided my local shop can get the line up I am looking at) or a simple General Hydropincs nutrient system.
    There will be a GE 5,050 BTU A/C unit in the cabinet to keep it at proper temps.
    There will be a 20lb CO2 tank mounted to the exterior of the cabinet on the roof with it's own timer and gauges to emit proper ppm throughout the days. 

I don't have to worry about smell factor indoors as much as I do with it creeping outdoors for the neighbors to smell so it will not be exhausted outside, rather just into my room (it'll help keep my room warm this winter). With this being said, I won't be getting the carbon filter/exhaust fan until it comes time to see how much it smells and if I need to get a filter to keep it from getting outside. 

I will be starting work on this this week by acquiring the materials for DWC buckets (5 gallon) and constructing them on my next day off. Within the next 30 days I will be turning the lights on and setting all timers to run until harvest time. 

I figure from now to bong this will take 5 months - 30 days to get set up, 3 weeks veg, 9 weeks flower, 4 weeks cure. 

The strain will be Bubble Gum for the first run and from then on will end up being Death Star (true Death Star) AND Chem Dawg D (which will then end up extending my flower times by about 2-3 weeks each). 

I will post pictures of everything as it all comes together. 

2. Is this cabinet sealed?   I see you have a carbon filter and an AC unit.  I'm wondering what your plan is for running these together.   

Also, do you have an environmental controller?  CO2 controller?  I would suggest getting one that can handle both at the same time.  If you have Co2, and AC, then I think you're also gonna need a dehumidifier.  Is your AC a window unit, or a stand alone, on the floor like R2D2 type of unit?  If it's a floor unit does it have one hose or two?

I'm not sure where you live, but I would consider building the cab without the use of CO2, or AC for now.   I would suggest getting the thing dialed with a vent fan/carbon scrubber, first, otherwise you're asking for all kinds of extra headaches.