Current Culture Nutes (first time grower)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by walleyeWilly, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Is there any of the main stuff you leave out when using tap water. im at 120 ppm5 and 280 I believe ppm7 and I run a dechlorinator and chloramine and let water evaporate over a 24 hr period with air bubbler.

I ran full strength what it calls for on chart like a jack ass and fixed it with week of straight water. im prolly doing a 1/4 if even. im beginning veg. do you put in coco cal? what's your guys ratio's running this nutrients
    with tap?

thanks for help, first time grower, im working really hard at this and want to be good at this

2. So. your question lacks details that people will need. Something like your grow medium, age of plants. ect.

I use tap water. I put in what i'm supposed to, for the amount of water I have, and thats it for me. Its all PH after that. I dont know what nutes your using. All I know is your taliking about ppm. anyhow. my 2 cents

3. current culture nutrients. im on second week veg. so I use veg a veg b coco cal hydro guard and uc roots. growing in hydroton,

4. You'll work it out eventually bro.

The aim of the game, is to research like crazy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. ooo I do man I absolutely obsessed with the research. I see I get just a lil more dialed in every week and with every problem. I think I had a problem drying plant out to with inline fan running on constant and 2 fans on, humidity couldn't get up for 45%. turned off all but one fan and turned off inline fan. got humidity up to 68% and I think thats helping big time too. have to vents opened slightly on grow tent (5x5). getting better with getting cleaner water. I didn't dechlorinate the week I added nutes either. also added a water chiller this week. PAR meter is next. after that I have just about anything you could think of. hope I can become really good at this.

• Like Like x 1
  6. First question, where are you from in the world?

Water may not matter too much, you can leave your water out over night to let a lot of the chlorine evaporate. That is what I do, I grow organicly so PH doesn't matter too much unless my water is soft

I don't think you need all that fancy software you have

7. US, northern midwest. live in city. water comes out 120ppm. I put in vitamin c 1 tsp and let bubble for 24hrs this water change. I just picked up a dechlorintor for fish tank water I was gunna try. water isn't baaaad but its also not greeeeaaat, kinda feel like its middle ground. I def gave them nutrients burn first run. after that I just ran fresh straight water. they seem to be doing much better, getting growth up top again. didn't know what my feeding chart should look like since Im not running RO like they are. im going to just run real light for now on and work my way up. once I have more runs I think ill know what closer to my max nutes I can run. thats also something I don't have that ive thought about is rigging myself up a RO system. but thats the most unlikely for me rn given my space.

8. I use tap water and I still have to add calmag if that's what yer asking. I'm not familiar with your nute brand. No need to use RO imo unless yer tap is terrible.

If you're serious about being obsessed with the research, go check out the canna stats calculator and figure out how to input your nutes and simulate a nutrient profile similar to the lucas formula profile that's listed on that page.

• Like Like x 1
  9. dude.... thank you , you guys are real ones

• Like Like x 1
  10. "Cultured Solutions Feeding Schedule - Current Culture H2O" Cultured Solutions Feeding Schedule - Current Culture H2O
    0-20ppm is what CC recommends, use RO water with these nutrients.
    Also I think you should either use the Hydroguard or the UC roots not both they are different styles, sterile vs beneficial bacteria

11. man. your throwing money at it IMO. I use dry nutes. much cheaper

Not sure about your nutes. You can look up the water tests from your local supplier. enough searching and you can search it down. For me, there was no chloramine. All tap water contains chloreine, and plants use chlorine, just in small amounts.

You just have to let the water sit uncovered for 24 hours, and it should be ready to use. RO drains the minerals out of the water, and if your nutes are not designed to be RO, it can cause other problems.

Personally, I use MasterBlend Tomato. Another alternative is Jacks 3-2-1. They are essentially the same thing. Its CHEAP. And it works Great. I can use the same formula from seed to harvest. Little flush at the end. And best of all, i'm not paying for water.