Curly Leafs

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by AidenPrime, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Good evening/morning!

I'm getting a little worried about something that's going on with one of my babes, she started to show top leaves curling.
    I will be posting some pictures of the girl, her sisters are doing fine, great even for it to be 5 weeks old.
    This strain is Nothern Light Automatic from RQS.

Things i did.
    1: checking her on overwatering or giving not enough water.
    2: Feeding schedule is on hold for her at this moment, only clean PH water untill i found out whats going on.
    3: Heat checking, it's permanent 75 (at night) - 85 degrees (during day)

I do have to mention the Plagron allmix i got, it's reuseable, and this is the 4th time that i use the same soil.
    It might be just the soil, sinds Plagron was NOT able to give me enough information, how many times can i re-use it ? once, twice, five times ?
    no answers were given, sinds they simply don't know.

If you got any idea what's going on with my girl, please let me know.

Attached Files:

2. Looks like you have a heat problem causing your plant to pull in more nitrogen, looks like it's starting to claw up pretty good and other leafs looked taco'ed indicating heat stress

• Like Like x 1
  3. #3 AidenPrime, Oct 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2015
    So are you saying 75 during night and 85 degrees during day is to high ?
    i'm not sure if i can take you're word for it, sinds i asked a person who is doing this daily for 15 years and he says 75 - 85 is perfect (with fresh air obviously)

This is wat he told me
    In a standard, well ventilated grow room the optimal temperature tends to be between 24-29 C (75-85 degrees Fahrenheit). There are other factors that can warrant higher temperatures. For example, if you are enriching your cannabis crops with extra carbon dioxide then you will need higher temperatures for it to be efficient, usually around 30-32 degrees Celsius (86-90 degrees Fahrenheit).

4. Looks like nitrogen toxicity, yes they can handle 85 during day but it's not optimal.

5. What's your light source?

6. and what distance from the plants is it also whats RH. They do look a bit thirsty and heat stress too me

7. That's from heat. Either your light is too close or you don't have enough air circulation in the room. See how the lower leaves on the plant look just fine. They're low enough not to have been affected by it. Can't tell about your lighting by the pics too much, but looks awful close to me in a couple of the shots. The hps lighting is pretty strong.

8. #8 AidenPrime, Oct 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2015
    30cm away from the top, and i use a 400w HPS light with ballast (Lumatec 400W), this is honestly the first time i got this problem in 2 years.
    I do have to say, i just (today) changed the light hight, because it was getting pretty close to the top, maybe it will be all good now.

9. You should be able to place back of hand below light for 45seconds and it not to burn if it does raise it until it doesnt, plants are feeling same heat so experiment a bit. But as close as possible without burning them is best of course

10. It was indeed the light behing to close to it, it compleetly recovered, and looks happy again :) cheers