Curling leaves...

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by bobjenkins, Mar 24, 2013.

1. So I have a problem with curling leaves on my LA woman. I took the picture yesterday and it doesn't really look any different today. I had an issue with the temp getting to hot, around 90f, its at just below 80 now steadily. Thought this issue may have been heat stress, but all the leaves are perfectly green and there is no sign of browning. It seems to be only the newer growth that is curling. Any advice welcome, thanks. (sorry if the images are too big)

BOB :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Looks like a zinc deficiency to me. Micronutrient solution would have some in it. I have zinc dust in my soil to counter this. Think I would go find a micro formula from your garden shop or hydro or nursery store.

3. I agree with SkunkPatronus that it's zinc. Flush your girl then follow up with properly PH'd water and add any chemical nutrient that has Potassium and you'll be fixed and good to go. You could also bury some galvanized nails in the soil.

4. I had similar problems, in my hydro system because my pH was simply too high, the twisty, curly, mutated(3 and 4 leafers) are usually just pH. I know hydro pH is 5.8-6.0, for soil, no clue haha, but yeah i agree with them, flush and continue :) also, not 100% on this, but i think pH can make new growth come out really bright, like yours, other than that, very beautiful, :D

5. Thanks for the advice guys will flush tomorrow. Kind of a budget grower, will tap water do?? Its just below 7.0ph.

6. What is your growing medium?

7. Some soil with about quarter perlite and a handful of vermiculite.

8. That'll have to work.