curious...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by farside12, Jun 24, 2002.

1. I have had a plant in flowering mode 2 weeks and one day thus far and have noticed that in the first week or so the plant grew in leaps and bounds. Now it seems to have stopped growing (the same "new leaf shoots" at the top have been virtually unchanged for almost a week now). I also haven't seen any signs of sexing yet. The plant has been growing in a large grow box. For dark time I take it out of the box and put it in a large walk-in closet, on the floor, with a small oscillating fan blowing on it. I close the door and plug up any incoming light along the bottom of the door with a towel. It stays in there for about 13 hours daily, after which time I open the door, turn on the light, inspect it, and put it back in the grow box for 11 hours.

Am curious..am I doing anything wrong? Shouldn't there be signs of sexing yet/soon?

Any help would be appreciated.

Farside12

2. What type of lighting? Are you positive the plant is in complete darkness,,during it's dark cycle?

keep watching...be patient..

[​IMG]

3. I'm using 3 4-foot flouros with two 45W bulbs each, 2 75 watt 2-foot flouros running up the sides of my grow box, and a plain ol' incandescent (75 W) in a dish-type reflector (for heat and to help stem growth on my new sprouts).

And I'm positive it's complete dark. I wondered myself and shut myself in there. Even with the towel not shoved under the door it was too dark to see your hand in front of your face.

Any ideas?

4. From where I sit,,,,

I can only suggest to be patient,keep watching,and keep your hopes up........

[​IMG]

5. flouros are good 4 vegge stage but when you want to have flowering fast switch to hps flood lamp you can git one at lows for about $90.00
    i got two 150 watters it matters how many plants you have mine toke about a week (12on12off) to show sex i started with flouros i had 4 75 watt 4foot grow lights i had 8 plants thay got about 2 ft to 3 ft but thay showed sex but thats it thay never got nugs i had them in my grow room for about 5 months then the wires broke on the light and smashed them all i taped the stems backtogither about hafe lived. i had them out in a shed it got cold i had no place to put them thay all died so now me and my buddy have a differant place we have the flouros (3) 150 watt (2) 75 watt hps flood lamps i have the two 75 watters with the flouros for vegge then i have the three 150 over the plants that are starting to flower works good for me just remember to support your lights well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good luck