Curing?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by senta420, Jan 19, 2013.

1. I have been wondering if after I dry my plant, is it possible to still smoke it without cuing. It just would still be pretty moist? As long as I can get high off it, I wouldn't do this for all my weed. I would take out about a zip while the other is curing. Can I do this or not?

2. You can smoke it after its dried without curing. But curing makes it more potent because it helps with THC trichrome production. Curing is also what brings out that sweet dank smell. Good luck. Wish I could try some of the smoke. ;)

3. Curing does not make it more potent. It does however help lock in the smell and taste. It also improves the smoothness of the smoke as the chorofil leaves the plant.

4. Curing does increase both the high and the taste,smoothness. I know this from ten years of dealing with it daily. I would set on stuff for when everyone was out. And it would be twice as good. So twice the price.
    Of course you cure to long it will turn to dirt.

5. Thanks blades!

6. ;) Turn to dirt... You enlightened me, I was wondering about that. How long is too long iyo? I've heard 8mos to 3 yrs <>. If it's 8mos then I'm screwed cause I have more than I can smoke in 8 mos. Shit.

7. It depends all on climate and moisture. Freeze the stuff it won't hurt it . Might lose sum flavor or potency but that's better than smoking dirt

8. Air tight container, bone dry, stored in a cool place and I could see three years easy. I'm not a big fan of freezing it, the smoke seems different and more crumbly, but maybe that's just in my head. Check out gamma seal lids with food safe plastic containers for 2 and 5 gallon sizes. Best storage I have found so far, completely air tight also which makes it good for transporting if needed. An oxygen eater packet might be good for long term but I've never used one and would recommend double checking to make sure it won't effect the pot in any way(don't think it will but not 100% sure)

9. Yea if its the real good dro or exotic cannabis I would not freeze it. If its swag freezing won't effect it as bad. May even help the curing process.