Curing options

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by 13ronin, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Ok guys. How many different ways are there to cure your harvest? For a long time, I thought the only way was the "traditional" way by hanging it to dry then putting it in jars blah blah blah for up to a month or so. Then today, I bump into water curing. Not that is interesting. So here is the situation. When I have a crop I need to choose which methods I should employ. At present, I plan on doing half "traditional" and half wet. What I'm wondering about is are there other options I don't know about? Are there modifications to either that can be made to enrich flavor, speed up process, etc. Also, to those who have done multiple methods, I would like to hear about your experiences good and bad so I can get a game plan together. Peace!

2. I water cured some bud recently.. came out as expected. No taste, but smooth. Just be
    sure you water cure for at LEAST seven days.. I dont care how clear the water is on day
    four or whatever. I smoked some that only cured four days, was bad. The seven day stuff
    was way smoother, even though I didnt notice any water color changes on those days.

:bongin: ~Experimentalist

3. Water curing sounds like a good idea. But I want to tatse that dank Skunkiness, or the piney taste of Kush. Thats just me I like the traditional way just tweaking it to make it better.

4. Hi!

Can you please post a link to water curing? I'm very interested but I can't find any info about it.

Thanks

5. This is prolly the most comprehensive explanation I've come across...

http://www.greenpassion.org/f21/water-curing-53/

6. i'd like to hear other peoples opinions on this.... Ive never heard of water curing before but it sounds legit.

7. High there http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesting-processing/267599-water-curing.html This is the thread I found which lead me to GC!

I loved it, only did 6 buds as I dried them behind my fan and didn't have room to dry more. It is like getting 2 kinds of bud from the same plant! Give it a go, you get to smoke your stealthly, super potent bud to smoke in 7 days!

Good luck