Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Curing, but my area is 80%+ humidty

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by imind, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Hi guys,

I am doing my best to try and cure my harvest but where I live here in the UK there is a constant 80% humidity outside anywhere but my grow room and obviously inside my room its too hot and bright to place the jars.

I have them in a cool dark place 20c humidity 70% constant, I dried it all out for a week so fairly long drying time.

Anyone have any ideas apart from a dehumidifier on how to get these into curing stage 60 - 65%

Many thanks,

2. how much you talkin about? you can use something like damp rid or boveda 62% humidity packs..they take out humidity too

3. #3 Snake Chamber, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2014
    You can buy jars that will suck all the moisture out of the air (not 100% what they're called). So if you put one in a cupboard with your buds it should lower the humidity levels right down. Cheaper then a electric dehumidifier and should do the job.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/350856011667?nav=SEARCH

4. If they're dried and in air tight jars why does the humidity outside matter...?

5. #5 imind, Oct 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2014

Cool guys, I've ordered some of these boveda packs which will be coming tomorrow since my humidity inside the jars even after burping for a week and taking them out putting on to newpaper for a few hours as a last resort they are  still staying at 70% in the jars so I think that its necessary I get these bovedas. Do you think its safe to go straight in with the 62% packs or will that ruin the cure. Taking it from 70 to 62% too fast?

6. #6 waktoo, Oct 31, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2014

Get those packs in and get the humidity down.

At 70% your taking the risk having your flowers mold...

DO NOT smoke moldy buds!

7. #7 imind, Oct 31, 2014
    I heard mold was more prominant at 80, not so much 70?

I'll have the boveda packs tomorrow. I got 7 oz to dry, spread over 4 mason jars.

Do you think its safe to go straight in with the 62% packs or will that ruin the cure/taste/smell. Basically is taking it from 70 to 62% too fast?

8. #8 ProGMOII, Oct 31, 2014
    staright to 62%, these packs do not work overnight. They will cure nicely. 70% is perfect for tobacco but not your flower. Any paper shopping bags lying aound? Shred one up and lay them inside a whole paper bag. throw the buds on the shreds (or gently lay them) and leave them overnight. Check them out the next morning.

9. #9 imind, Oct 31, 2014

Should I throw the packs in first and see how much they reduce it by, or do you recommend the paper shopping bags before i try those out or only if they don't work?

Cheers for advice man, I never tried these packs

10. The B62s are for your cure jars. the paperbag is for reducing the moisture in the flowers. You will not over dry them unless you forget them for a week, LOL! Check after the first night, use the stem snap technique. After the first day check them every 8 hours or so. Even if they dry out more than you want the B62s are good for 30day or so. Also look at the size of the B62s you get. It has the size jar or conatiner for the large and medium B62 packs.

11. #11 imind, Oct 31, 2014
    Im getting mediums 8 gram. The humidity in my jars are 70% 1 is at 69% so I think I will throw in the boveda 62 packs and see what happens.

12. I use boveda 62% packs they work great

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Cheers mate, I got them coming tomorrow, I was just concerned about putting em straight into the jars as its 70% humidity atm

14. it will balance out just fine. look up coralfish420, she has a lot of info about those humidity packs. 

15. Thanks bro