Curing: Burping Schedule

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by CannabisEh, May 5, 2019.

1. Hey, I'm just curious as to what you guys do during the curing phase. How often do you burp your jars and for how long?

I started out burping twice a day for 15 minutes each (30mins total) for the first 7 days.

Now I'm burping every other day for 15-20 mins. RH in the jars is 58-62%

I was thinking of continuing this for a week then burping every 3-4 days then every 5-7 days.

Just wondering what people out there do??

2. I personally burp my buds once a week for the first week for about 5 minutes or so. I gently check the buds for mold/mildew while separating the buds with a wooden chop stick during the burp. I never shake the jars to separate the buds. That just makes the trichs stick to the inner walls of the jars. After that, I burp every third day. After week 4 I burp just once a week. Throughout the curing process my temps linger in the low 70's and RH % in the jars stay in the low 60's.

3. I feel the inside of the jar, if I feel moisture, I open the lid, lay the jar on its side to spread out the buds a bit, once they feel crispy again, reseal it.

No schedule as it always varies

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. One of my best smelling strains just seems to have lost its smell. The only thing that changed was I started burping every other day instead of everyday but RH was never above 62 so they're not moldy or anything. Have you guys ever had that happen to you before?

5. What technique did you use for drying them? Not properly drying your buds (like drying them too fast) can also make a difference.

6. Hung them upside as whole plants dried in tent with ventilation but no direct air flow on them. Hung there for 7 or 8 days then trimmed more and into the jars. I don't think drying is the issue cuz they had a pungent smell while they were in the jars. The smell only disappeared once I started burping them every other day

7. Have you tried going back to your usual burping schedule?

8. Yes today is the 3rd day burping daily again..we'll see what happens

9. Is there a need to burp once the RH is say a steady 60%? Whether it takes a week or a month to achieve that