Curing buds

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by OhhhZeee, Jan 20, 2013.

1. So i just found out yesterday that my plant is a female. I know what to do from here on out until curing. I will have a full time job by the time i start curing and want to know if there is a schedule that anyone may know that i can let the buds get fresh air while in jars during the curing process. I will be working 2nd shift. So will i be able to just let them get some air in the morning and at night and that be enough? Or will it no dry fast enough to where mold comes in?

2. What I did was put into a seal tight jar, And let it stay in all day an let it breath 20 mins @ night, do this for a few weeks, then start letting it sit for 2 - 3 days at a time, and last week ( assuming you want to cure for 1 month) let it stay open every other day.

3. They aren't drying while curing. In summary... at the point of curing they are already "too dry" and we are pulling the last of the moisture out of the stems and evening out the moisture content of the bud.

After you dry follow the instructions of the guy above me

4. I followed a suggestion on here and did the paper bag dry.
    1. Acquire avg. size paper bags. (5-6)
    2. Make strips about 2" wide from some of the other bags.
    3. Lay the buds in the sack single layer and then lay 4-6 strips on the mj. Repeat until you have 3-5 layers.
    4. Open and rotate layers every other day. After about 5-6 days it will be dry and ready for canning as my granny called it.

Never could figure out why they called it canning. Seems more like jarring would be better. Anyway it worked well for me and the jars make everything easy.

Just "burp" them every day or every other. You really just need to make sure the air inside the jars is being refreshed and the humidity/moisture content is released. One thing I did also was w/lid still on, prior to burping I would slowly roll the jar horizontally in my hands a few times just to move things around a bit.

5. What I do is dry for around 2 weeks untill it seems good you want 10 to 15% moisture. Then I put the buds in jars not tightly packed just drop then in until its basically full. Then every day for the first week open it for around half hour, second week do it every other or every three days. After that it should be good to sit for a week or 2 at a time or more mine sit a few weeks in between a checking you just want to make sure it doesn't smell like mold.