Cupboard/Closet grow - Would this work?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Russellsweed, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Hello all. I'm new here but have been reading tips for a while.

I want to grow a maximum of five plants in my bedroom, inside my cupboard. The cupboard is from floor to ceiling with the loft area directly above.

To reduce the smell coming into my bedroom, can I exhaust the smell through a pipe and into the loft space? Or would the loft stink?

Or is it better to run the pipe towards to corner/eaves of the roof and have it exhausting outside?

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks! (P.S. - I live in the UK)

2. exhausting outside would be best loft would extreamly stink

3. Thanks for the reply.

So if I exhaust it outside, would it show up on the helicopters infra red etc?

I can just imagine them picking up a cloud of heat escaping from the corner of my roof! Or am I being too paranoid (I'll be using 1 400 watt cfl light)

4. Ur to paranoid dude. Relax and enjoy watching ur girls grow.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. 400w light doesn't kick off a lot of heat.   If anyone uses heat signatures to find grows anymore, they wouldn't waste their time and resources looking for 400w grows.    

If you're worried about smell, a carbon filter is the way to go, regardless of where you plan to vent.   It will get stanky!

6. Don't forget that your average clothes dryer vents outside as well and produces hot exhaust. I am sure that wouldn't be a big deal or anything out of the ordinary to see a hot exhaust coming from a house haha. I keep my xbox above my little grow box so that in the strange event that a helicopter where to bust my 1 plant micro-grow I could just say the heat is from my xbox. However I feel like the chances of this happening are less then .01%