Cuffed, arrested, set free?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by xenhanced, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Hey everybody this is my first post on gc. what has made me finally decide to post after lurking around the forums for a good 4 months is the story I'm sharing with you. so here we go..

I work at a small local computer shop in a town of less than 10k people:p. I work the 9-5 grind 5 days a week and make a good honest living. I smoke weed pretty much everyday but I don't get into any trouble and keep it discrete.

So the day before yesterday my friend got pulled over for a brake light out, and so a state trooper pulls him over, upon inspecting the vehicle the trooper finds paraphernalia; pipe, grinder, roller, papers etc..

And for some reason my friend told the trooper that the roller was mine and that I just left it in his truck. his reasoning behind this was because I'm 18 and hes only 17 so I would be in the clear for this? or something????....

About 30 minutes after the traffic stop the trooper called me and asked me to meet up with him and kept telling me he needed to talk to me, but I didn't know what it was exactly about. I told him I would meet him, but ended up not being able to. I think he might have thought I was evading him but I'm not sure.

The next day at work nothing out of the normal just a regular day, he shows up unexpectedly and comes right inside, I instantly apologized to him for not meeting up and told him my phone died so I didn't get his calls or message because he had been calling me when I didn't meet with him.

He then told me to come outside to talk, and i agreed (wouldnt have been a point to refuse)

We get outside and he tells me to get inside his cruiser, I get in the front passenger, then he asked me if i knew why he wanted to talk to me, I said no. He told me that he pulled someone over, and that they had my property that was paraphernalia inside the vehicle, I said I have no idea what your talking about, he then proceeded to show me the roller, which I did recognize, but I denied it and said I never saw it before.

Then he continued to asks me questions such as "have you ever sold your friend a sack of weed" or "have your ever smoked weed with your friend" and I told him no, but he kept asking me. so at that point I said I plead the fifth I don't want to say anything further without a lawyer present, and asked if i was free to go, and he said yes.

So I exited the cruiser and started walking back towards the office, then he grabbed me by the arm and told me i was under arrest for a felony, trafficking to a minor, and handcuffed me. at that point i was like WHAT?!?!?!?!?WHAT TH?E FUCK?!

I had never been handcuffed before in my life, and let me tell you if you never have before it is .THE. .WORST. .FEELING. that I've ever experienced.

So I pretty much started freaking out thinking WTF? how am i going to jail right now??? I asked him, well.. pretty much begged him if there was any way that I didn't have to go to jail and for him to take the cuffs off me. He said yes, I can write you a summons, and at that point I felt as though he was trying to get me to incriminate myself because he was turning on the stupid recording camera in the cruiser.

I said yes I'll do that, but can I just go back to work now?? and he said yes but you have to call me and meet up RIGHT after u get out of work, so I said yes and he undid the cuffs.

I get back into work and my boss tells me that she cant have police coming into the shop all the time and that she has to let me go.. at that point I couldn't help it, I couldn't keep it in, I just broke down and started crying, its like everything just got as fucked up as it possibly could all in one fell swoop.. I lost my job.. I'm going to jail.. I'm going to be a felon.

So I left work panicking like crazy and went back to my parents house to ask them for some advice, and i was supposed to call him right when I got out, but I told him 6 so it bought me some time. I got talking with my parents and didn't realize it was 6:30!!! I looked at my phone and he had called me twice and I missed them, and I was like fuck now he going to come looking for me and REALLY get me now.

I called him back, saying I was talking to my parents about what my options are, and would still like to speak with them. He told me all charges were dropped for me and that my friend was getting 3 charges. I was like ok that's great to hear but I was still fired... he didnt really say much. I don't even think he said sorry. then he told me if there was anything I needed, to call him. It took so much to for me not to tell him to FUCK OFF at that point.

I don't even understand though.....

Thoughts?

2. wow thats fucked up on your friends part first of all for snitching. i can't believe the cop even believed him. but losing your job is the worst part especially in this economy. Have you tried talking to your boss and showing him it was a mistake? Maybe ask the cop to prove it to him since he said if you needed anything to call him

3. Damn man where do you live that the cops are that strict on herb? I mean the guy was decent considering he wasn't screaming in your face or anything for duckin him. I hope you can get your job back man

4. Seriously,what cop buys the whole 'it belongs to my friend' thing?:rolleyes:

Even if it really does...

5. Oh hey guess what the best part about this is?

My friend was DRY, he had NO BUD, just a sandwich bag of stems(stupid) he said the trooper was scrounging on the floor of his single cab truck for fucking seeds...

And I forgot to mention that when I first got into the cruiser and we were talking, that he had a murder case he was investigating (not sure if true or not) and that his time could be better spent on that then dealing with MINISCULE marijuana violations.

I live in a small town on the coast of Maine. Oh and I think its kinda funny that there is going to be a dispensary opening about 200ft from where I work...ahem.. used to work.

hmm maybe ill try to get a job there :D

6. Wow, that cop sounds like they have have nothing better to do.....like cops in the town I used to live in, to many of them, and not enough people.

We had the cops called on us for a party, first it was 2 cop cars 3 cops...then it turned into 5 cop cars and about 7 cops in about 10 minutes.

In the end, there were 7 cop cars, and around 10 cops there. When they checked all of our ids, they told us to keep inside, and stop being loud outside because our neighbors had called them.

Yet, we had no music outside, just maybe 4 of us smoking, and thankfully we were not that drunk, and put it back inside before the cops came.

7. Ah geez so now I find out that my friend... well ex-friend just got nabbed by the same trooper for a quarter last night, one day after he got 3 summons.

So now he has 6 summons :p

stupid kid needs to learn how to be discrete....

8. There's that authoritarian god-complex kicking in. He felt like it was his duty to dedicate his entire workday to catching this criminal. Then, when it turned out the raping he gave you was all for nothing, he felt no empathy, nor probably even understood the wreckage he had left in his wake.

9. dude, i'd put a lighter in your hand, close that fist, and get to beatin sum ass...
    lol what a little snitch bitch.
    that's why HE'S getting the charges (if that's true)
    sucks you lost your job. that's some bullshit.. fuck the p0lice. my entire b ody is fucked up from two cops on a power trip having to carry me by a wedgie and my shoulder joints through the entire compound i was at (supposedly i was resisting, but i swear they would have done even more damage had i not started resisting).
    like they don't give a fuck. half of them, if not more, are mindless zombies. just look up THE P0LICE STATE CONSPIRACY.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVyCEwrcl9o]YouTube - Conspiracy Theory Jesse Ventura S02E04 Police State 1/3[/ame]

sorry that happened to you buddy. pretty sure the cop was just roughin you up. and he ain't allowed to do that.. like wtf how can he give you cuffs when he has no evidence except what some kid told him? he's a douche. the p0lice are a joke..

10. get a lawyer and sue...based on what you wrote, your rights were violated, and coercion was used to scare you into agreeing to anything after you asked for a lawyer...

sue his ass, his dept, the city, county, and state (important to include the entire chain of command that is responsible). Get the media involved...

...me, I would settle out of court with a simple $10 check, hand written, along with a letter explaining his mistake, every week, for 10 years...and in doing so agree to absolve the rest of liabilities...:devious: his superiors will sacrifice his ass without thinking twice...

11. He pulled you over for a broken tail light and you let him search your car? If he had no probable cause, then he circumvented the law on your ass.

In short, nothing you can do but bite the bullet and learn from your mistake.

12. #12 KGann, Apr 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Did you even read the post?

13. Did you even read the post? His car did not get searched. His friend's car got searched, and his snitch bitch friend passed the blame off to him.

14. He didn't pull me over, it was my friend. I'm not exactly sure why my friend didn't consent to a search because we had talked about what we would do in a situation like that, and never EVER consent to a search. but he did say the trooper saw his bowl in the door pocket, so that gave him away.

What would be the best course of action to take against this officer? I mean he taped the whole conversation and the arrest on camera, could that be used against him?

Oh and I have a question for anybody that can answer it; since I was arrested and handcuffed but not brought to jail does that mean it's not on my record?

15. Lol u posted at 4:20. That's cute

16. Wow that story just makes me absolutly hate the police. I live in Maine to and the police in Falmouth have nothing better to do than bust the kids and their partys, because nothing bad ever happens in this town. Other than kids smoking and drinking. Btw what town was this cop from? If you dont mind me askin.

17. Why did he let him search the fucking car?

18. Sheesh. Maybe we need to put it in bold or some shit?

The OP's car was never involved. The OP was not pulled over and the OP's car was not searched.

19. lol dude, i think he was referring to the OPs friend... but i could be wrong :p

20. Im trying to figure out if a cop can do shit like that? like privately call you and have you meet him somewhere? that sounds sketch like he could of hand cuffed you and raped your ass man... Fuck that shit. sorry about your job man..