Cue tip stuck in bubbler!

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Ajjg123, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Hey everyone, first time poster. I have a nice little bubbler (Sherlock) that I use regularly. When I was cleaning it with the salt/alcohol method, I found that I had trouble getting the resin out of the inside of the stem. So, like the genius I am, I tried soaking a cuetip with alcohol and cleaning out the stem. Problem is, the cuetip was too large and the cotton came off and now it's inside my bubbler. The bubbler still works but I am kind of OCD and don't like having a bunch of cotton in an otherwise pristine piece.

Note: I tried filling it up w/ hot water and letting it soak in the hopes that it would disolve the cotton but that hasn't worked.

My question is this: How can I go about this cotton out of the bubbler? Is there somekind of liquid that will dissolve this cotton and won't harm the glass?

2. #3 Blazed Bacon, Jan 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2012
    [​IMG]

how did you manage to get one of those stuck in your bubbler?

EDIT: Also, I'm really glad hot water doesn't dissolve cotton. It would suck to open the washer after it's done...

3. LOL @ your edit!

:smoke:

4. Looking up what cellulose can be broken down by has revealed that an acetone soak may do it. I'm not sure though. Might as well try as it will remove any resin you have in there anyway.

5. Haha, brain fart on my part.

QTIP

6. lol at your post. trying to dissolve cotton haha with water pshh. but srsly if u want you can try leaving the whole thing in water for like a day and it might break up.

7. You are correct! This was suggested on the thread I posted.

I think the key is to let the piece soak for a good while until the cotton is broken down.

8. It's been soaking in water for about a month now lol.

9. Ouch! I stand by my original statement (not made in this thread) to BURN it out.

10. Yeah I was unsure because I saw some things saying "no acetone doesn't harm cotton" or "cellulose is only broken down by complex solvents" or something like that. Acetone is a pretty common solvent, so...yeah. Try it.

11. Thanks guys, I'll try fishing it out with a paper clip or something and if that doesn't work, some acetone.

12. U got a pic burn? How hard is getting out a peice of.cotton? Put resin or something sticky at the end.of.a wire and there u go.