Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Crystals forming in bong ?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by kemosabe20, Sep 28, 2010.

1. I looked at my bong today and its grown lots or large crystals where the bong water is left over. its acrilic btw

2. Live in an area with hard water?

3. the only thing forming on my glass bong is dirty disgusting resin which looks like cow manure

maybe the resin looks like 'crystals' on a acrylic bong? i have no clue

4. Il put a pic up when i manage to get off the couch

5. If they're white/yellow (or especially a dirty whitish yellow) then its probably from using hard water in your bong. Where I lived in Colorado had NASTY water, and every time I would wash out my bong there would be what looked like dirty salt deposits on the glass.

6. damn son crystals? lmfao@ using radioactive water in a bong. nah on a serious note though you should post a pic. it would be much easier to tell what it is.

7. Yeah i reckon thats the case ay. In my town they add all sorts of minerals and shit to the water supply. As soon as i had a sesh with it they dissolved back into the water

8. wtf is hard water? i thought there was only one type of water

9. If I'm not mistaken hard water is water with a high mineral content.

10. Exactly. Hard water is just water with minerals in it. And a water softener is a device used to remove minerals from your water. If you have really hard water, you can pick up a water softener for less than $500. Worth it if you have the money... hard water is bad on your kidneys and urinary tract. And your appliances.

11. well, you could just buy bottled water, although you may actually end up paying more in the end.

12. Clean it? In case you don't know how, here's quick video!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDiWslwPlmw]YouTube - How to Clean a Bong in Two Minutes[/ame]

13. It's probably calcium buildup from tap water, If you have access to something like simple green or grunge off it would take it off right away. Also if your bong doesn't have any labels, CLR will clean it up so fast.

Also to cloud rhino, it's hard to get calcium off with just alcohol but with resin it's no problem.

NOTE: I don't know how these products work on acrylic bongs but this would all work on glass so I'm assuming acrylic wouldn't be a problem.