Crystal shards from evap?

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by Space Cookie Queen, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Okay, so I recently did an everclear extract and I was evaporating it in a glass double boiler. Everything was going beautifully until the very last moment. At the end of my evaporation, I was left with very dry, crystal like structures instead of an oily or waxy end result. I have a picture attached. Has anyone 20190418_002542.jpg 20190418_002555.jpg 20190418_002542.jpg else ever had this happen?

2. How well did you filter it? You've got the plant waxes in there, too. The last tiny bit of alcohol will quickly flash off and will leave that crusty outcome that's really hard to scrape off. It shouldn't be hurt but you should always take it off while it's still a little oily. Theoretically you should be able to dissolve it all back into some fresh alcohol and do it again, stopping sooner this time. If you do reconstitute it, just do a little bit first to see how it works and you may need to warm it a little to get it all to redissolve.

Good luck. :)

3. Is that supposed to be rosin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Dry Sift Box and The Clamshell

4. Thank you! I'm gonna give that a try!

• Like Like x 1
  5. End result is temperature dependent as well. Higher temps during evap will make it more pliable.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk