Crust Kid

Discussion in 'General' started by iamkevinspacey, Apr 18, 2010.

1. I've been thinking about making a movie based around a character named Crust Kid for quite awhile. This is a completely serious idea that i think could turn a lot of heads. Basically, the character loves crust (sandwich crust, bread crust, etc..) and would do absolutely ANYTHING for it. I envision it to be sort of an action type film, ie: jumping car to car..kind of like a James Bond/Tom Cruise idea. Obviously it would have a slight comedic underlay.

As part of the trailer i had the Mr. Sandman melody in mind with the lyrics something like this "Mr. Crust Man, bring me some crust (bring me some crust) the rest of the sandwich i'll never touch" sort of a 1950's milkshake parlor vibe haha. It's just an idea. I wouldn't make it more than a 15 min short film (pretty much a long movie trailer).

2. Damn man you sound about as baked as me.

3. Couldn't he just go to the store and get some bread there?

YOUR STORY IS FLAWED BREH!

4. I just think of a kid with crusty eyes, crusty cuts and wounds, and just nastiness. hehe

5. I think his arch-nemesis should be a villain who wants to remove the Earth's crust and harvest the gooey mantle

Crust Kid wouldn't stand for that shit

6. hahahaha crust kid i love it!!

7. Just the name crust kid has me laughing hahaha.

8. Or what about Krust Kid.

9. I like the way you think! Kind of like the Bee movie i'm thinking.

10. Well...you are Kevin Spacey, so I'll go along with it...

For now.

11. Replace "crust" with "White Castle" and "kid" with "Harold and Kumar" and this movie has already been done.

12. I will eat pizza crust that other people don't eat...

13. That could work too, it might be a little more visually pleasing when it comes to marketing.

I was actually thinking it could be a spoof of a few movies, and this fits right in. I w'sas also thinking along the lines of Cranked and most of the movies that bald guy does, as well as most of Tom Cruise's action flicks.

14. ^^^I'll have what he's smoking.

Sounds a little too similar to Orgazmo (for any of you Matt Stone and Trey Parker fans out there).

15. I immediately thought of stoop kid from hey Arnold.

[​IMG]

Give him that look, that BA 90's attitude, and we may have something here. Also, I imagine him having a huge pile of crust. Like that he just bathes and roles around in.

16. But then we'd have to give Crust Kid a secret alter-ego, just like Stoop Kid.

17. Might work as a 10 minute short or something, I can't imagine making a 60-90 minute film out of this idea.

Also, slight comedic undertones won't cut it. If you're serious about this it would have to be borderline slapstick.

18. I want what the OP is on.

19. i thought this was about Crust punk.

20. I thought of a new idea for this. Crust Kid's biggest rival would be those pre-made PB&J sandwiches that come without the crust. I think they're called Crustables.