Crown Vics

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by k.smith904, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Probably gonna buy a crown vic later on today (as long as everything checks out alright), and just wanted to get some opinions on an issue I was arguing with a friend about last night.

Do ex-police interceptors attract police attention, or repel police attention, or neither? Also, keep in mind that everyday drivers will get out of your way and drive the speed limit around you, so thats a plus as well.

I think cops don't give a shit either way, I expect they would notice a police-looking car better than any average sedan, but I doubt they are going to look for a way to pull you over either.

Heres the link for one of the vics I'm looking at this afternoon:

2002 Ford Crown Vic, 111K miles, cold a/c, will sell fast very nice

2. if you are aware of this assumption with this car, and it was involved with some crime before.. there could still be cops with a bias opinon. maybe giving you more trouble or him a reason to conduct a search in cases where you could be safe. police are very knowledgable people, espeically in this department,so i wouldnt doubt if some would be affected.
    for like 3 gangsta people in an escalade or 3 hispanics in a low rider are just some examples where cops would probably react different

nice car though man, i voted the last option, but cops would prob link that shizz to like mafia type shit probski

3. I wouldnt, my friend had a crown vic that had a built motor, lowered, tint, and some impala ss wheels (so it obviously looked nothing like a cop car). And he always got pulled over by the local cops because they were suspicious.

I would get a Toyota because they are the most reliable, best mpg, cheap service, cheap parts, and you they attract the least amount of attention

4. True, maybe its the fact that I see people driving old Interceptors all over that I'm just de-sensitized.

Also mods: Sorry bout posting this in General, completely forgot we have a Car subforum now. Move if necessary :smoking:

5. Well if it looks like a typical dope boy ride, I'm sure it would turn piggie heads.

I'm not really looking to do anything to the car, just need a reliable ride with a middle ground between price and style.

6. I almost bought one, instead I bought the same exact copy a Mercury, same thing, with police wheels, but more luxury.

I dont think you'll have a problem... As long as you dont have pushbars and make it look like you're trying to look like a cop they wont care.

Especially here.. I know a few people who drive old interceptors.

If you think about it, you buying their old surplus cars means they get new chargers/tahoes/vics..

They should be happy.

Plus the cars are awesome.

Its a mustang yacht..

7. haha word. I've owned two cars in the past, a 1.8L civic and a 4.0L jeep, neither with much power. I'm looking forward to that 3.4L V8. :D

8. I don't see what you guys see in crown vics:(, those thing have no shape, aren't sexy, nothing, nothing. You guys in the states have some weird taste in cars.

9. Sounds like you just really want a crown vic and don't care to much about the cops.

The majority of people who drive crown vics are either old or thugs, and cops know this

10. Exactly, its just a regular ass car. 3 grand won't get me a ferrari unfortunately.

11. Someone who use to frequent my store drove one. Said he had nothing but good experiences since he bought it.

Said people part like the sea when he drives on the highway and never got tailgated.

I'm also looking to buy one after I finish paying off my current car, and you can get the newest ones at cop auctions.

12. Crown vics are real nice actually.

My boy just picked one up for roughly 2 grand at a local police auction.

2004 model. Nice leather seats in the back, a GREAT purchase if you're on a tight budget.

13. How'd he find out about the auction?

14. They usually advertise them

15. all i know is that whenever i see a white vic with dark tint, front bars, antennas on the trunk, and the spotlight by the driver window, i assume COP. i slow down and stay away. but maybe im just paranoid? i would say get it

16. #16 420inchTypeR, Jan 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2010
    Crown vic interceptor is a 4.6 v8 bro with hi flow cat dual exhaust and upgraded computer tune (actually degraded if you buy it used but still better than stock) and the transmissions usually have a shift mod so they shift hard and fast

they are pretty quick cars man. you can put hardly any money in to them and get alot of power also if you decide to go down that road.

its pretty much a mustang gt with 4 doors and huge seats and upgraded super soft suspension. and a unibody frame with the best crash test rating ever.

also they're SUPER cheap to fix, every shop will fix them, parts are everywhere.

their not to nice looking inside but i dont care they are durable they rarely show any wear so they always look new. Unless you treat your cars like shit.
    Haha if its an interceptor those are vinyl seats in the back far from leather. If you want to you can custom order leather seats but police were never given the option of using leather in the cars.

17. I think his mom might have told him about it. :p

I would think they would be in the local paper or something. Classifieds? I got no clue.

You could call up your local station also and ask if they know anything about police auctions.

18. I've only seen douches drive crown vics.... Cop or not, big douches.

19. #19 420inchTypeR, Jan 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2010
    Pretty bold statement, you sound like a douche your self, what do you drive?

anyways back on topic I would not get that vic that you posted. It is the cheapest base interceptor they've got. 3k isnt that great of a deal anyway.

One thing you will definately want is cruise control and that one does not have it. These cars cruise very nice i would hate not having it

I would suggest ebay, try locally first, but you can find great deals on ebay, and it sounds sketch but most of the time ebay cars are from a dealer so not a big deal.

I cant wait until a couple years when these are as cheap as the vics. Its listed at 12k right now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. No You do He was just stating his opinion Why are you taking offence to this