Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Crohns Disease [Ingesting Oil] ?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by O0B9E9E1T, Dec 22, 2013.

1. My girlfriend has been suffering from stomach problems for years, she was recently diagnosed with Crohn's Disease and from what I read it can get quite serious as the disease advances! Luckily I found many testimonies where people are using oil to cure their Crohn's specifically the same technique as the "Rick Simpson Video"

Has anyone else had any experience with it? Or curing it? She has tried everything and is sick of having doctors shove cameras down her throat and up her ass (yeah haha). I feel really bad and want to help, even if it is not a legal reason for a card I will grow it if I can help her! She honestly does not like to smoke it but if she ingests the oil she wont get the paranoid high if I am correct?

It seems like doctors will only prescribe it if its a serious symptom that can be eased by the effects from smoking it and not eating it.

Anyone? :(

2. #2 Escape Velocity, Dec 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2013
    Not sure what the video is about, but from personal experience, I can tell you that eating high CBD hash oil helps with Crohn's flare-ups and helps in general calm down my entire gut, from mouth to ass.

Eating high CBD oil also helps make any Bravo reality-tv show more funny and less pathetic.

Edit: No joking around, the stuff really helps. I just ate half a gram of Afghanni oil, mmm, mmm, good! Rub 1/2 gram on a rolling paper, stick that in a shot glass and set in a 250 degree preheated oven for 10 minutes or so to make sure any leftover solvent evaporates off, and to help convert any goodies that are not in edible form to ingestible goodness, stick in the freezer for 10 minutes, then roll it up like a pill and swallow it. Then eat a slice of pizza or a brownie, something to help disperse it in your gut -- for Crohn's you may just want to eat something light like fried rice maybe or a salad -- and it works wonders, for me.  Crohn's really sucks.  Been smoking pot for long before this crap started, but I soon realized my lifelong pleasure is also my medicine.

3. Just some of the newer stuff on Crohn's from "Granny Storm Crow's List" - January 2014 version-

Treatment of Crohn's disease with cannabis: an observational study.       (full – 2011)
    http://www.ima.org.il/IMAJ/ViewArticle.aspx?year=2011&month=08&page=455

Science: Treatment of Crohn's disease with cannabis: an observational study 
    (news – 2011)
    http://www.cannabis-med.org/english/bulletin/ww_en_db_cannabis_artikel.php?id=357#1

The Gastrointestinal Pharmacology of Cannabinoids: Focus on Motility.  (full – 2012)
    http://content.karger.com/produktedb/produkte.asp?DOI=000339072&typ=pdf

Gut microbiota and the development of obesity.      (full – 2012)
    http://scielo.isciii.es/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S0212-16112012000500007&lng=en&nrm=iso&tlng=en

Genetic Epidemiology and Pharmacogenetics in Irritable Bowel Syndrome. 
    (abst - 2012)           http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22403795

Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Methods, Mechanisms, and Pathophysiology. Genetic epidemiology and pharmacogenetics in irritable bowel syndrome         (abst – 2012)
    http://ajpgi.physiology.org/content/302/10/G1075.abstract?maxtoshow=&hits=25&RESULTFORMAT=&fulltext=cannabinoid&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=105&sortspec=date&resourcetype=HWCIT

The endocannabinoid system in inflammatory bowel diseases: from pathophysiology to therapeutic opportunity.       (abst – 2012)      http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22917662

Industrial hemp decreases intestinal motility stronger than indian hemp in mice. 
    (full – 2013)     http://www.europeanreview.org/article/3266

Cannabis Induces a Clinical Response in Patients with Crohn's Disease: a Prospective Placebo-Controlled Study.      (abst – 2013)        http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23648372

Pro-resolution, protective and anti-nociceptive effects of a cannabis extract in the rat gastrointestinal tract.    (abst – 2013)     http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23756391

Inhibition of fatty acid amide hydrolase (FAAH) as a novel therapeutic strategy in the treatment of pain and inflammatory diseases in the gastrointestinal tract        (abst – 2013)
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24275607

Cannabis Finds Its Way into Treatment of Crohn's Disease.       (abst – 2013)
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24356243

Still Believe Nature Got It Wrong? Top 10 Health Benefits of Marijuana    (news – 2013)
    http://www.wakingtimes.com/2013/05/01/still-believe-nature-got-it-wrong-top-10-health-benefits-of-marijuana/

Choosing pot over pills may be the way to go for Crohn's sufferers       (news – 2013)
    http://now.msn.com/marijuana-reduces-crohns-disease-symptoms-in-meir-medical-center-study

Could Cannabis Cure Crohn's Disease?         (news – 2013) http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/05/21/cannabis-treatment-inflammatory-bowel-disease-crohns_n_3311278.html?just_reloaded=1

If you are in California, you will have no problem getting your girl legal! Other MMJ states vary on what is allowed.

To get a free copy of the July 2013 List, and get on the mailing list for the free January 2014 List, all you have to do is send me an email (bottom of my sig. If you are on an app that doesn't show sigs, you can just send me your email address in a PM.

Granny

4. Make oil with everclear. It's magic for the gut. And you don't have to worry about it being toxic.
    I take a drop of oil and drip it onto an altoid like candy. 3-4 for a good dose. I used to make coconut oil capsules, but this is good now for me.

When I started medicating, I got sick (flu like symptoms) as hell for about 3.5 weeks. Then I woke up one day and have almost been a different person since. No flare-ups since. It took awhile, but I'm feeling great and eating things that used to be off limits.

5. I agree with the Everclear! But I prefer using a square of dark chocolate to put my oil on!

6. So your saying just rubbing the oil off buds onto paper will do it, not actually baking a rolled joint in a shot glass? 

Thanks for the reading material links, we are in Massachusetts right now and that is where she has been seen for medical help over the years. List of what?

The everclear method is in the Rick Simpson video, I guess it does not matter really what you put the oil on as long as it is dispersed a bit. Are you saying she might experience worse or more frequent symptoms when I start treating her for the first few weeks? Will she need to use the oil every day? 

I can get really good buds on the street but they are kind of pricey, that is the problem this is so bad she loses jobs over it because the employers can not understand her situation. If we can try this through what a month then we will know if it works but a month of oil is probably going to take at least an ounce of high quality buds right? ($300+)

7. #7 Escape Velocity, Dec 22, 2013
    No no, not the "raw" resin on sticky buds -- hash oil -- this is a concentrated product made many different ways but usually with some kind of slovent, like alcohol, both drinking and rubbing, or blasting it with butane or Co2 which I don't know much about, or using your Uncle Willy's old can of turpentine like some dumb kid so don't.

PROBLEM IS, these mystery concentrates and oils these dispensaries sell, bud tenders without a clue when you ask about solvents, poor standards, quasi-legal bullshit even with medicinal products so you never really know what the fuck.

With solvents you can drink, like vodka, hash oil is safe to eat. Usually heat is also used with this so it's good to gobble. But if you don't know for sure, heat it, spread it out and heat it and evaporate any solvent. Maybe there is none, maybe there is.  We are talking medicine here so I be on the safe side, and these "wellness-medicinal-for-profit" profiteers don't give a fuck what they are selling you, so you beware. I do. $15/gm hash oil, maybe $20, in 2 doses, is better than most edibles you can buy at any dispensary.  Oil is great to eat for body and mind and I have never had a problem with it, eating any kind. Even my own QWISO with rubbing alcohol -- some of the best tasting hash/concentrate I've ever had when made with top-shelf pot.

Edit: If you already know full well what hash oil is, I am sorry, sometimes it is hard on line and on these posts to get a full accurate grasp of it all and know where we are all coming from.

8. I like the candy coated method since you suck on it for longer, the goodies get absorbed into the blood a bit more via the mouth. I get a nice feeling instantly, and the main kick in normal time.

My favorite is Newman's Own Organic Wintergreen Mints. ;)

9. You do not chew good chocolate, you let it melt in your mouth! lol

10. #10 -SkyWalker-, Dec 22, 2013
    Man I can sympathize with your girl, Crohn's is a tricky one. I've had guts cut out and all sorts of cameras and plenty of other embarrassing symptoms :p  Hash oil and medibles are the best methods in my experience, and dabs/vapes of high CBD/ highly medicinal strains are great for acute treatment if she's flaring.

If you have the resources to get quality flowers, treating with hash oil caps every day or enough every week will effectively induce remission, indefinitely as far as I have seen in other patients. Caps will cure her of all of her symptoms, but it will not cure the disease. If you stop using, your immune system will begin to lose control again and inflammation will return eventually.  How long it takes, depends on how aggressive your disease is and many other factors - since Crohn's is believed to be a result of genetic mutation combined with other environmental factors.

If your girlfriend doesn't like getting paranoid try it right before sleeping, and start slowly so she can build a tolerance to the feeling. Indicas and other hybrids are also more relaxing. So if you end up growing, grow some indica, and grow with her so you'll both learn together

I'm on some heavy duty biologic/chemo infusions to keep my immune system in check and they're working okay for now but I think CBD and THC will end up being the best treatment for Crohn's, when the research gets done. I want to be apart of it

11. #11 High-Function, Dec 22, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
    Never said you did. Hard candy takes longer. :confused_2:

12. #12 O0B9E9E1T, Dec 22, 2013
    We make our own with clean butane, we blast it and then heat it with a space heater until it changes color and the bubbles dissipate so it becomes pure of solvent. It is an expensive process for dabbing though and we do not do it regularly but have everything necessary. I would never buy oil haha I am a seasoned smoker and I hunt down the good stuff to smoke anyway but I can not afford to make oil often. 

If I could afford to I would eat oil everyday it is really good for TONS of things but I can not and I do not grow because of legal reasons. 

She does not like getting high it makes her paranoid. 

Thank you! Smoking is not really much of an option but I was thinking the ingestion of small amounts would help, but can get pricey. I do not know enough about the strains I buy to judge their CBD unfortunately, but I have a x100 scope. I was thinking it would more cure it rather then help the symptoms because cancer is also a genetic mutation and it cures that with ingestion.

We used to smoke before bed and she did not really like that but I will have to try and find a way for her to get used to it. I am really good at growing, I used to, so if I have to then Indica will be easy enough to spot because with bagseed the Sativa is the hard plants to find in dominate form. Thanks for your personal insight! 

13. She's gonna get high. :/

14. If her symptoms are bad it will make her feel instantly better, so I think she'll get used to it if she tries long enough. But if you cant get lots of bud or she refuses to try and overcome her paranoia, her other option is pharmaceuticals, which can work great for her

15. In my experience, intestinal relief is all dose dependent, and very high doses are needed. Again, at least in my experience.

I have the joy of a fairly messed up back as well. With pain, you can kind of get by on lower amounts for at least some relief. With my gut, it took massive doses to the point where staying awake was almost impossible to get significant medical benefits.

If she eats a chocolate with oil on it or something it will make her feel instantly better? She mainly throws up and gets sick like that, pukes a lot. Taking it at that point might be a waste of resources if she can't hold it down, I have faith in this. 

That is where the real medical field needs to come into play and be able to concentrate more of one canabinoid then another so you don't get so high you can't function. 

17. #17 -SkyWalker-, Dec 22, 2013

Not instantly but pretty quickly, she would feel better but not as good as if she was dabbing, which works instantly. If she is not taking any other drugs besides cannabis she is going to have to use a TON of bud to keep the disease manageable

Also she can take more if she takes it right before bed, and take a little in the morning, that way she can build up a tolerance. Infuse some chamomile or other herbal tea if she can't keep it down that'll help

18. #18 O0B9E9E1T, Dec 22, 2013
    Interesting, the pill form would be nice to just get used to that way and it would cover her the entire day but then she would be stoned if she had to do something in public, etc. 

The next time she flares up around me I'm going to have her take a hit even just burning flowers to see how well it works. Maybe if she can catch it quick enough she can avoid puking all together with! 

19. #19 High-Function, Dec 22, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
    No, synergy is the key. Sativex, marinol, etc don't come close to the natural herb. More pharmaceuticals is not the answer by any means.

If getting high is the worst side effect, you have nothing to complain about.

20. Hon, you should try a RSO made with a high CBD cannabis! A recent study said that hemp-type strains work even better for bowel disorders than the high THC strains! Hemp strains tend to be high in CBD (no high and fights anxiety). This would help lessen her unwanted high! (I know this was in the batch of studies, but this way you won't just skip over it! )

[SIZE=12pt]Industrial hemp decreases intestinal motility stronger than indian hemp in mice.  [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt](full – 2013)         [/SIZE]http://www.europeanreview.org/article/3266