Critters

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by nochump, Jun 18, 2012.

1. hey stoners,
    trying a gorilla grow and this is the first year I've had more than one plant out, and in the first week 1/3 have been dug up or had their tops chomped off ... I'm trying to remain calm because this is the most I've tried to do at once and I'm giving myself fuckup credit, but what should I do? gonna spend the 30 bucks on deer repellent tomorrow, any other tricks? I don't think socks and deoderant is gonna work, need legit tricks.
    Other notes, there's not even anything in the soil like blood meal, just sand peat and a bit of soil, no compost or anything to excite the coons. was goona feed nutes this week. any thoughts are appreciated.
    oh, NE Canada, btw.

2. Dude Canada has a lot of wildlife so the main thing to stopping your problem would be wire fencing. Its at all major big box stores and available in green to keep it camo'd. Good luck man! We have a massive deer problem here in the mid Atlantic and I am gearing up to deal with them soon...

3. id lay some deodorant on the ground, dog hair, chicken wire over the top of each sprout , and deer netting over the whole area. probably some spray and copper wire for the slugs and bugs

4. I would say get some chicken wire and surround your plants, it works the best, you can piss around your plants, use predator urin, hair, ect, but still could have problems with critters.

5. ^^forgot about that^^
    Yeah you can get fox urine from hunting shops. You can probably get more types if you search online. Personally, I am using a deer scent dripper, I just replaced the doe scent with my own piss. It has a 4oz reservoir that lasts 3 weeks and only drips when when it heats up from the sun. Just a good measure of showing those deer that this is my spot, fuck off, lol.

6. hey guys -
    thanks a lot for the replies!
    first of all, I think I've figured out what my problem is. I had egg shells in my peat/soil mix, and I was watering with jackstrap. Think it was the egg shells tho, coons. damn coons.
    I'll definitely need deer repellent, especially for the last month.
    I'm having a bit of a slug problem, doing a ring of corn meal tomorrow, comments?
    also, for coons and skunks I've heard mothballs work ... comments?

7. also - I'd love to do fences. can't do it.

8. and yea i've tried pee too lol, I've got a bunch of old socks I saved that I put out and keep pissing on now. knock on wood eh?? hhahaha
    God that sounds sad, that's why I need yo help!!

9. should mention too (if it's not obvious) I can't afford pro defences